ggirl28

Black in room to ground it?

Pauline Ackerman
7 år siden

Don't know where I've heard this but does every room need something black in it to ground it?? Is this something designers are taught?

(6) kommentarer

• strawberry47
    7 år siden
    Yes, so says an interior designer I know. The logic is that a small amount of black grounds the other colours and details of the room.
    Pauline Ackerman thanked strawberry47
  • Pauline Ackerman
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Interesting ..just looking around my lounge and the only black is the telly and the black soot in the fireplace ..not sure that counts :)

• louisecampbell09
    7 år siden
    that sounds strangely right! After ive decorated i cant wait to put my ribba black picture frames up, they just make everything look perfect
  • Juliet Docherty
    7 år siden

It doesn't have to be black, but things work when there are a mixture of tones (imagine everything photographed in black and white). A room could be very colourful but if all of the colours are similar tonally then it will look flat. Similarly, an interior which has pale floors, walls, ceiling and furnishings will look boring until something dark is introduced. Black is the obvious but it could be a rich teak wood against a white backdrop. The current trend for pared down Scandi interiors often exemplifies this perfectly.

• Pauline Ackerman
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Colour tones is something I don't quite get ..colour is such a massive subject ..seems easy when you start then putting things together you realise how much of a skill it is to do it right.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.