dvs90210

Dropped ceiling- need urgent help

7 år siden
Hello
We have a new construction going on.
We took a small idea from one of the pictures on houzz.com and planned a dropped ceiling in the kitchen over the Island. We paid for this(500$).
Not a lot considering the total cost of the house.
However we are very confused if this is a design disaster. Our initial plan was to put pendants in the middle and 4 recessed lights at the corners.
Please advise. I could ask the builder to cut it off now. See attached picture.
The ceiling is 9'.
Style is transitional.
Thanks

(11) kommentarer

• 7 år siden

That,s the problem.I cherry picked that part from another house which had extensive soffits with decorative pieces installed in them. And I came to know later I cannot do rest of the plan as my walls are 9'( the other house was at least 10').

• 7 år siden

Looks odd to me, I'd remove it.

• 7 år siden

Remove it. That kind of box is often used as a coverup for previous structures, clearly not the case with a nice new house.

• 7 år siden

I would definitely remove it. Usually dropped ceiling areas are only there to hide things like electrical or duct work. I wouldn't put one there on purpose.

• PRO
    7 år siden

Oh dear, yeah you have to take that off while you can.

• 7 år siden

I can't see the purpose of the dropped ceiling. You did a niche in reverse. This can only be limiting to your choices and a bit of an eyesore. It really does need to go. You won't regret it.

• 7 år siden

undo while its inexpensive, but don't feel bad. its good to be attracted to interesting *different* ideas, and also good (maybe even better) to know instinctively that its not going to work. a relatively small price for a great learning experience.

• 7 år siden

You caught in it in time, I would remove it as well. Inexpensive misstep, no big deal.

• 7 år siden
    Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will be contacting the builder soon. He is a great guy.
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Remove it !

Sponsoreret

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.