asiankaht1

Chimney and alcoves dilemma

Kat C
7 år siden

Hi can I please have some advise on how to decorate the chimney/alcoves.

I'm thinking of doing the chimney in a loud but warm paper. The other walls are a lighter coloured paper but I don't know what to do to the alcoves??

do I paper them the same as the chimney?

paint them a lighter shade (the inside and the underneath bit)

or paper inside the alcoves with the feature paper and paint the chimney a lighter colour instead? I'm totally stuck and open to suggestions.

thank you

(7) kommentarer

• Isidora Markovic
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Hi Kat,

Have you considered adding shelving to the alcoves, or do you need that space for other things?

South Crown Street Refurbished Living Room · Mere information

Beach House - Cornwall · Mere information

If you are just looking to paint/wallpaper the area perhaps you could do something like the above, where the alcove wall echoes the fireplace.

Kensington townhouse · Mere information

Would love to hear everyone else's suggestions!

• PRO
    Wallsauce
    7 år siden

Hi Kat,

Your photos instantly made me think of our bookcase murals > http://bit.ly/2hnVMiH

They're made-to-measure so would fit perfectly in your alcoves!

If these don't float your boat, then we have many more surface pattern murals. The brickwork ones could work too because of the brick surrounding your fire > http://bit.ly/2hnVMiH

If you're a bit overwhelmed by our murals covering the focal point, then we have a design team who can super-impose a couple of murals you like onto your photos to give you an idea before you buy.

I hope this helps!

Nicole @ Wallsauce.com

• PRO
    Helen Ford Design
    7 år siden

Hi Kat

I'd consider the idea of shelves in these alcoves. I'd personally paint the interior of the alcoves in a dramatic colour to go with the wallpaper. If you are going for a patterned wallpaper i'd advise using one that has a bit of the existing wall colour in it too so that it all links together. If you go for shelves i'd have some built that can also be painted in with whichever colour you choose.

Good luck

Helen

• PRO
    Easilume Lighting
    7 år siden

Hello Kat, love the ideas above of having shelves - if you're going to go with that I'd definitely think about installing lights to make more of a statement, and to make sure people can see what's on the shelves! You could use LED striplight or alternatively downlights. If you've got any questions please give us a call! Hope you manage to work something out, don't forget to post an after photo! ;-)

The Easilume Team.

• minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi Kat. Your ceiling looks really low to me unless it's the pic. If it is I wouldn't go for a bold wallpaper as the contrast with the ceiling will accentuate it. I might lighten the fire surround and add art or a mirror to give a little height. I'd either follow the lines of the insert or bricks re size of art/mirror but try it with a paper template first to see what size works best. If you want wallpaper I'd paper the alcoves but something with a light background colour to work with the walls. Something with a vertical pattern might work light a trellis or trailing flower etc

• PRO
    The Lighting Company
    7 år siden

some concealed lighting or even two matching table lamps! but then I would say that

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.