christianbuildersltd

Tired, dated, dark living room and kitchen... to open, light & plush!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd
7 år siden
sidst ændret:7 år siden

The living room was dark, dated and in need of some serious updating! The clients had not put their stamp on the property since they purchased it about 5 years ago. The brief was 'modern rustic' and they wanted a brighter more luxurious space, but still maintaining some of the cottage's historic characteristics!

We knocked a wall through from the living room to the kitchen, and moved the staircase to the entrance 'mud room' creating a much more versatile and useable space. It meant the upstairs had a reconfigured floor plan, which allowed for an extra bathroom and bigger master bedroom.

We added a kitchen extension to the rear, which included corner bi-folding doors that open right out onto the patio and pool area - it also has a large glazed roof, which really draws the light in!

You will see from the photos that we replaced the beams (the dark ones were not original) for a much more rich and authentic looking oak beam (to match the larger beams which are original!)

The living room before:

After:

Modern Rustic Enchantress Cottage · Mere information

See more of the project here:

Enchantress Cottage

(12) kommentarer

• PRO
    IDSystems
    7 år siden

Absolutely stunning! Great work and great vision to imagine the possibilities!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked IDSystems
  • kl55hp
    6 år siden

Superb. Feels like a light-filled, uplifting characterful cottage.

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked kl55hp
  • Bebe Price
    6 år siden

Fantastic - love it!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Bebe Price
  • jenniimatthews
    6 år siden
    What colour are the units please.....
  • PRO
    Christian Builders Margate Ltd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Hi Jennii,

The units are by Devol and they are painted in Little Greene's 'French Grey' I hope this helps.

Many thanks!

Holly

• PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    6 år siden

This is wonderful! Where do you start...? Space: a great use of space, creation of more space and a contemporary relaxed designed space.

We particularly like the reserved approach to light fittings and embracing the natural light - how does it look in the evening/night?

Well done to all the project team!

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 år siden

The reconfiguration of the space really makes the rooms more usable and open, and the new flooring really brings the design into the present day and creates a lovely bright and open feeling! Lovely!

• jenniimatthews
    6 år siden
    Holly...thank you for your quick reply......
  • PRO
    Pendalier Ltd
    6 år siden

What an absolutely stunning transformation! Such a difference, you wouldn't recognise it as the same place. Great to see quality lighting really enhancing the space too. Bright and airy whilst also feeling very cosy. Love this!

• PRO
    K Design and Build Ltd
    6 år siden

Beautiful transformation! Great work!

• chloeloves
    6 år siden
    Stunning transformation, oh if only I had their budget to play with, it’s so frustrating having to cut corners to save money in my refurb!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.