sho808

Exterior cladding for extension

Shona McDougall
7 år siden

We are in the throws of extending our 1930's semi, part of which the exterior will be wooden cladding. I really want to get a slim profile on the cladding but finding it impossible to find a

supplier. I provided our builder with a photo (attached) and their timber merchant said they could machine something similar but at a ridiculous cost (over 6 times the price of regular cedar cladding). Please can anyone help?

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    Thomas Robinson Architects
    7 år siden
    Hello
    You could try Russwood they are a very helpful cladding and flooring supplier ; https://russwood.co.uk/
    Good luck.
    Shona McDougall thanked Thomas Robinson Architects
  • acew1234
    7 år siden
    Sorry I don't want to hijack this post.
    But Debbie Whitby I'm looking for black vertical cladding and after looking at the more common fibre board we have reluctantly decided we will stay with wood for our new build. The mill board looks far more realistic. Can you post photos of it as vertical cladding? How do you finish corners and Windows?
  • PRO
    Thermaspec UK Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello Shona,

We would be happy to provide a free no-obligation quote if you are still looking for a supplier - please see the link below for further information about our cladding options -

Our weather-board cladding page

• PRO
    Whitbydesign
    7 år siden
    Hi Angela,

We are installing it first thing after the Xmas break so I'll post a photo once it's up. We are using it a double height extension. It looks and feels very realistic. We are really happy with it. We were anxious about using real timber because we didn't want any on going maintenance because the access will be extremely difficult!
  • acew1234
    7 år siden
    Thanks Debbie, it would be much appreciated. I have samples being sent. I nearly fell over when I saw the price per m2 for the boards but if it looks good I'm sure it would be worth it.
  • Shona McDougall
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks all for your comments. I like the look of the boards Debbie but I can't sway my other half away from wood. Russwood have provided a reasonable quote for something similar so we may go with them. Everything seems such a compromise. I'll be keen to see your finished photos Debbie. Good luck!

• PRO
    Thomas Robinson Architects
    7 år siden

So glad they could help you - they're a great company. Good luck

• Rach
    7 år siden

Debbie Whitby photos please would love to see how it has turned out as we are having a dilemma about fake/real wood cladding.

• acew1234
    6 år siden
    Whitbydesign do you have any photos of the Millboard cladding finished?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.