philip_niemela

Love this fireplace!

Philip Niemela
7 år siden
Curious if this fireplace was originally all rock? Did you go over the bottom half and in between the rocks on the top portion? What is the material? Smooth stucco? I have a huge rock fireplace and it's very dark so I am trying to figure a way to lighten it up. Thanks very much in advance!
Modern Interiors · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    CASA|WASY interior design, inc.
    7 år siden

Hello Philip! Glad you like the fireplace. This fireplace was in fact all stone. We framed out the lower portion so that it sticks out past the stone creating a simple mantel. The rocks above were filled in with plaster so that it is less dimensional and lighter in color.

The room on the opposite side of this wall also has a fireplace where we did the reverse...stone on the bottom, drywall above. Note that the way it is done in the photo below meets current California fire codes as the firebox is surrounded by non-combustible material (stone). The opposite version will need to also be a non-combustible material in order to meet code safety.

• Philip Niemela
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you so much for your response and for the photo of the other side. Much appreciated!

• PRO
    CASA|WASY interior design, inc.
    7 år siden

No problem Philip! Good luck!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.