sileokane

Carpet for stairs, landing and master bedroom

molly
7 år siden
Hi I love the luxury of velvet carpet and I'm torn between these 3 colours!
Any suggestions welcome!

(26) kommentarer

• Sarah Sheehan
    7 år siden
    I'm not sure. But would love to know your wall colour? many thanks
  • louisecampbell09
    7 år siden
    I would pick the one on the right on the stairs in the first pic
  • Daisy England
    7 år siden
    I'm with the others ..... the greyer one.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden

Between these three: I'd go for the darkest one because it seems to go best with the wall colour. But I don't really like either of them really. Isn't there another option? Which carpet is this?

• molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Wall colour is slipper satin from farrow and ball.
    The dark carpet is Ulster carpet velvet in mushroom. The paler one is called canvas and the lid colour is mink.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I don't know this carpet, but was looking for a darker grey which I think will go better with wall and floor, but colours on screen always look different) and found this one https://www.carpetright.co.uk/carpets/nature-plain-velvet-carpet#0

Will you continue the carpet upstairs?
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    And I'm now looking on my iPad, different colours to my computer, and changed my mind. From the three of your options, I too would go for the lighter, more grey one. Still prefer the dark grey that I found though, but hey ho... that might look different in real life.
  • Hayley Douglass
    7 år siden
    I love your floor tiles, were they already there or did you purchase them! If so where from? Thanks
  • PRO
    The Rug Seller
    7 år siden

The pale grey would look stunning in this area.

• molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks everyone.
    I actually have the sample you identified- it's chalk board from carpet right. In reality it's very dark. The light 'grey' is more of a green in real life and I think that's what's making me cautious. I don't want to be tied and would prefer a neutral. I'm a painter and hope to fill the house with large mirrors and canvases. Like these...
  • molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I think a neutral carpet in velvet will support large colourful canvases like these
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    Westex velvet, ivory? Or another one of their lighter shades maybe?
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    Mushroom?
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I'll try that one again, pic isn't loading I think
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I give up :-)
  • Sandra Marshall
    7 år siden

Hi Carolina

I have these floor tiles and a similar wall colour, and lots of art. My stair carpet is wool and called taupe. I think it works well. I think any of the 3 samples would look equally good. Darker will show every speck of lint though. I will now try and put a photo on. Forgive me if it doesn't work, for being a technophobe, and forgive me if it does for a messy house. I am going to clean today. Honest.

• Sandra Marshall
    7 år siden

Ha ha, nicely cropped, you can't see the mess

• molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Carolina I really appreciate your help! Thanks!
    I'm thinking of the two darker colours for depth and contrast.
    The pic of the hall is so similar to mine. I agree with the lint but then lighter carpets show dirt too. I love a relaxed luxury look.
  • molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Carolina can you take a screen grab instead?
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I've tried. I'll try it one more time, hold on...
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    Tadaa
  • molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Lol thanks. I'm going to decide this week so I'll post the results.
    The tiles were in the house when I bought it but you can get them in lots of places. I saw them in Armatile
  • Daniel Eason
    7 år siden

Like those tiles, was the fit expensive? Is it heated?

• molly
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks Daniel,
    The tiles were already in the house which is over 15 years old.
  • Daniel Eason
    7 år siden
    they look brand new.....lol
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.