lauraleedesigns

Gray Interiors: Love It Or Leave It?

Gray is everywhere! Are you embracing it or is it a trend you could live without?

Mediterranean Contemporary · Mere information

Melrose Chandelier - Mid Century · Mere information

I love gray!
I'm ready for a new color trend.
It depends on the situation.

(27) kommentarer

• PRO
    Sarita Simpson Design
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Yes am loving it! With a few accents and focal point a grey room can be the highlight of your house. Especially with this throwback project I designed.

City Market at O Street Apartment Models · Mere information

City Market at O Street Apartment Models · Mere information

Check out my website!

-Sarita Simpson

Laura Lee Designs thanked Sarita Simpson Design
  • Belahn
    7 år siden

It's a good neutral for the walls. I painted my bedroom and bathroom dark gray with white trim and it made the rooms look so much better. They look more expensive, more soothing and elegant. You can add any other colors to the room that you want.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Belahn
  • zealart
    7 år siden

It was never a trend for me, but just a color that I feel comfortable around. Especially light warm greys.

Laura Lee Designs thanked zealart
  • templeofm
    7 år siden

Too depressing.

Laura Lee Designs thanked templeofm
  • ecpt
    7 år siden

I'm tired of seeing everything in greys & blues. Seems hard to find inspiration rooms and whole-house color schemes that aren't based on these shades.

Laura Lee Designs thanked ecpt
  • PRO
    Abbie Jacobson Design&Decoration
    7 år siden

Depending on the quality of light in the room, room dimensions & architectural styling of house ... grey is a lovely neutral color scheme. I like to inject a bright accent wall to enhance the grey monochromatic color palette.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Abbie Jacobson Design&Decoration
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 år siden

It depends on the situation for sure!

Laura Lee Designs thanked Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • PRO
    Vant Panels
    7 år siden

Same here. It depends on the situation.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Vant Panels
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 år siden

I am very happy that grey has become the new neutral colour: BYE BYE BEIGE !!!

Laura Lee Designs thanked Studio NOO Design
  • PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

jhmarie, you make an excellent point. Location really does matter when it comes to gray!

• PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    7 år siden

Gray is a beautiful neutral! Our client's selected gray as their main color in their neutral color palette for their condo and they absolutely love it. Gray is the perfect backdrop for bright pops of color in artwork and other home decor.

Fairview Row Kitchen View to Foyer · Mere information
    Fairview Row Living Room, TV above Mantel · Mere information
    Fairview Row Dining Room Table Set for Six · Mere information
    Fairview Row Master Bedroom · Mere information

Laura Lee Designs thanked Colorful Concepts Interior Design
  • PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 år siden

I like it. It allows you to go wild with the color of your decor.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Gerety Building and Restoration
  • PRO
    Atelier Armbruster
    7 år siden

We love to use light grey in our interiors !

It's a good neutral, always elegant, that matches very well with colored decor, like these green accessories we used in one of our projects.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/fort-green-townhouse-modern-bathroom-new-york-phvw-vp~27248953

Atelier Armbruster

http://atelierarmbruster.com/

Laura Lee Designs thanked Atelier Armbruster
  • PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks everyone for sharing photos! Some inspiring uses of gray!

• PRO
    Visionary Homes Inc.
    7 år siden

We use gray in a lot of our homes, both custom and ones we build to sell. I agree with an earlier comment that it allows the interior design to play with brighter colors; Like this NW Contemporary vacation home

Open Living Concept in Sunriver, Bend OR · Mere information

Caldera Contemporary Home · Mere information

This is a contemporary home we built and sold after it was completed. The interior design was staged, so it doesn't have a lot of character, but we love how the gray goes with anything!

Great room with wall mounted fireplace · Mere information

Open kitchen with island · Mere information

And our personal home I felt it helped my wood cabinets and floors catch your eye without competing for "attention!"

Kitchen with open floor plan · Mere information

Office alcove with sliding barn doors · Mere information

I think gray is the most versatile color with today's finishes. I am thinking about using a dark grey in the laundry room of our next spec home (house we build to sell).

Laura Lee Designs thanked Visionary Homes Inc.
  • PRO
    Cameron's Design
    7 år siden

It is indeed a lovely neutral color and very elegant; the extent of its use always depends on the specific home design project. Overall, though,a lovely trend!

Laura Lee Designs thanked Cameron's Design
  • User
    7 år siden

It depends on the situation. There are markets in the country where grey is so ubiquitous that it's hard to distinguish one house from the other. That's great for somebody selling a $400K condo- not so great for the seller of a $2 million dollar "custom home" that looks way too much like that condo. Same thing with white cabinets and bright white/blizzard white countertops.

Laura Lee Designs thanked User
  • Nikki Lee
    7 år siden
    I'm still into browns.
    Laura Lee Designs thanked Nikki Lee
  • Pearls& PowerTools
    7 år siden

I guess I was ahead of the curve for once. I painted and carpeted greys in 1998. I'm in the market for a new neutral.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Pearls& PowerTools
  • tooky58
    7 år siden

Well, it's better than the all white kitchens but, I'd rather have color.

Laura Lee Designs thanked tooky58
  • vacationdebbie
    7 år siden

I have a griege color. I find it rather depressing. Picking new paint colors now. Looking for something warmer

Laura Lee Designs thanked vacationdebbie
  • PRO
    M J Draperies and Interiors
    7 år siden
    I've experienced working with many paint colors throughout my work experiences and also personal projects and I can tell you that grey is one of the colours I never got tired of it .. just make sure you find just the right shades for your project. good luck
    Laura Lee Designs thanked M J Draperies and Interiors
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    7 år siden

I think people are tired of gray.

Laura Lee Designs thanked Julia & Elizabeth
  • S MacDonald
    7 år siden

When I'm in a room with grey walls, I get depressed. So no, no grey for me. In fact, the previous owners painted the hallway taupe and I'm going out to get some soft yellow paint to redo it today.The taupe keeps reading grey to me and making me depressed. So I got a few test pots of soft yellows and I've been living with those for a couple weeks. There's one called Cocoanut Cream that keeps making me smile. By the end of next week, my hallway will make me happy instead of depressed.

And then I'm going to pick which shade of purple to paint the bedroom... because purple makes us smile a lot.

I look forward to a far less neutral house. I've never been a neutral person.

Laura Lee Designs thanked S MacDonald
  • PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Love all this feedback! It's interesting to see how evenly split everyone's opinions seem to be.

• PRO
    ALLBRiGHT
    7 år siden

Grey, similar to white, is trendy and timeless. I think it has a lot to do with its simplicity and versatility.

Laura Lee Designs thanked ALLBRiGHT
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.