gilupstream

Painted uppers in color other than white?

Gil
7 år siden

Looking to redo the kitchen cabinets in two tone with wood base cabinets and painted uppers. I've only seen white painted uppers, but we want to do a color instead. Any suggestions? The doors are shaker style.

(19) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

do you have an island? if so i'd let that be the painted (or wood) and have the uppers and lowers the same on the perimeter.

i always feel like if you cannot find a picture there might be a reason. especially if you have full height cabinetry (pantry, wall ovens, fridge panel) that you have to decide if they will be upper or lower finish.

i went with white perimeter, wood island.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 år siden

What wood are you using on the lowers? Any pics?

• Gil
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Nope, no island. Full height cabinets up to the ceiling. Here's the layout:

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år siden

is that the fridge in the second drawing? will it have a panel on the left side? thats what you have to decide on.

• Gil
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

That's the fridge....yes it will have a panel on the left side of it. We were thinking of painting the bank of 3 uppers and leaving the panel and the cab over the fridge in the wood tone.

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år siden

well, its personal preference.... i'd not care for the sudden wood cabinet up there amongst the painted but that might just be me. if you like the mixture in white no reason you wouldnt like it in another color. its tricky finding a picture with mixed tho... it seems all of the photo spreads are of kitchens that avoid the problem by not having mixed full length and uppers/lowers. for example the fridge will be part of a bank of other full length cabinets, and they'll all be the same finish.

• Bailey R
    7 år siden

Why not other than white? I dislike two toned kitchens but that's just me. One of my friends just had hers done in colors other than white.

• jck910
    7 år siden

Look at the wood-mode cabinetry site. There are a couple pictures similar to what you are wanting.

• Gil
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

jck910 can you link to the photos? I haven't been able to find any on the wood-mode site.

• Gil
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Bailey, would you happen to have a photo of that kitchen?

• PRO
    R G MILLER (YBC)
    7 år siden

Look at the Decora Cabinet site and go through their kitchen room photos. Plain and Fancy Cabinet Company might have some photos that would help.

• Bailey R
    7 år siden

No sorry I don't.

• Kathi Steele
    7 år siden

If you are going to be in the kitchen for a long time, then 2 color cabinets will be fine. If not, you have to consider resale. Very limiting for buyers.

• PRO
    Knight Kitchens Ed Stoehr
    7 år siden

Two colors can be quite nice. The decision will need to be made on which color the pantry cabinets are painted. I usually keep them the color of the uppers.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    7 år siden

Wood color goes good with beige, ivory or gray. Here is another inspiration.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    7 år siden

Here is more color combinations that look good

Kitchen Sink. The sink cabinet juts out into the room, like a piece of furniture · Mere information

(177) Pinterest • The world’s catalog of ideas · Mere information

• PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    7 år siden

Superfun Kitchen · Mere information

Or, glass doors with the back of the cabinets painted a color.

Coffee Zone · Mere information

• Kathi Steele
    7 år siden

You will have to decide if the refrigerator cabinet will match the uppers or lowers?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.