tdee56

Should there be a television in living room?

tdee56
7 år siden

We already have a large set in the den/family room. I want the living room to be a place where quiet conversations can be held when others are having fun in the other room. My spouse seems to think the room is lacking because of no set. What do you all think?

T.V. Set
No Television

(16) kommentarer

• chloebud
    7 år siden

I voted no but it can depend on the home. We have a TV in our family room with no need or desire for one in the living room. It might be different if you just have the one main room.

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 år siden

If you have one already, why need another one ?

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 år siden

I think one in the family room is enough. Your idea for a quiet room that encourages conversation is the right idea for a family room.

• tooky58
    7 år siden

I'm in the "you already have a tv room" camp. This way you have the living room to go to for yourself.

• chiflipper
    7 år siden

If one is blessed with a family room AND a living room, keep the TV in the family room only.

• bouncy5
    7 år siden
    My husband and I don't always like to watch the same show , so I like having one in my living room. I don't like to have a tv in the bedroom so that is the only other option.
  • PRO
    Harmonic Series
    7 år siden

Depending on budget, I will sometimes recommend a mirror television from Seura so that while the TV is not in use, it is simply a beautiful mirror. They start at about $5K so it may not be the solution for everyone. Here are some videos of their products.

• n247080
    7 år siden

No, a living room is for communicating with others, eyeball to eyeball with no distraction from the TV. It's a place to relax and enjoy the serenity of the space.

Not every room in the home needs a TV. TV's everywhere are my pet peeve right now. They're everywhere. Restaurants, bars, elevator banks, hallways at work.

There isn't enough quality on TV to make it such a necessary thing and they distract you from communicating with others around you.

• Bev
    7 år siden

This is the first house I have ever lived in that has a family room and that's where the TV is! I love having a formal living room without a TV but if you do not have that option, than put a TV in your living room.

• judyann eicher
    4 år siden

After 22 years, all the children moved out. During those years one moved back with 2 babies, stayed for several years and again moved out. Finally, got my formal living room. After the holidays, I have now put a TV back in the living room. Our tradition on Christmas Eve, eating, watching “ It’s a Wonderful Life.” revolved around me carrying food to the den adjacent to a kitchenette downstairs. 8 + people don’t fit in a kitchenette, 1st point, dishes for 8 + people have to be carried up stairs, 2nd point and there are many more points—And, through the holidays, folks wanting to watch sports, playing XBox, left others to all sit in a bedroom watching a movie. Yes, put the TV back in the formal living room, life is all good now. It is in a rolling cart, that can be stored out of sight under a tall counter adjacent to kitchen.

• Momof5x
    4 år siden

I think you should put as sometimes you might have family visiting and sometimes the men in the family like to watch football matches as a group so thus, yes.

• Robbin Capers
    4 år siden

Have you thought about a projector? It's way better than any tv for movies (and maybe sports too) and can be hidden when not in use so it's not a big black box on the wall. And the small extra effort to get it set up may mean it doesn't get turned on as readily as a tv, which some people seem to switch on out of habit. We don't have a tv at all, but love to watch movies on the big screen once a week or so.

• jmm1837
    4 år siden

Our main tv is in the tv room/library but we do have a small tv in the living room so I can watch the news while getting dinner. Also, since hubby and I have different tv preferences (cricket, anyone) we can each watch what we like. The living room tv is never on when we have guests, so it doesn't interfere with conversation.

• judyann eicher
    4 år siden

Problem solved, made an updated version of 1960s TV Cart. Will Roll from Storage area to living room at whatever angle needed and to breakfast table viewing in kitchen. My husband and I made a table top for a heavy duty dolly, placed an antique coffee table on top and presto; unique functioning TV cart, suitable for a living room. The TV is 10 years old, a newer one with the same screen size will be 4 inches shorter and 1 inch less width. It will be flush with counter top.

• Danny Farrington
    3 år siden

As a single man in a two-bed apartment, I turned my spare room into a mini cinema! Sweet station, mood lighting, velvet sofa and a big telly - it's perfect, and all done on a shoestring budget. This way in my bigger living room, I can have it for drinks and conversations.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.