slowstartr

Opinions on Master Bedroom

slowstartr
7 år siden

Curious to hear opinions on this look and if any changes are recommended.

(164) kommentarer

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

24" Trubridge in natural bamboo and 2 of the Soiree lamps in Driftwood Silk Glow.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Excellent. Obviously, I think they're great choices. Glad you saved money with the discount code.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I never would have found them or put them together without you Grover. Thank you so much!

• RegularClouds
    7 år siden

LOVE groveraxle 's ideas, photos, etc. Thumbs up across the board!

• sofikbr
    7 år siden

Love your original art above bed, hope you will put it back lower after painting. Nice room, don't change it too much :)

slowstartr thanked sofikbr
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

That art is just a canvas stretched over a frame. I wish we could cut it down...

Painter is doing his thing this weekend. I'll post pics when it's done and the shams and lights are here. He's going to paint the curtain rods for me too.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Oh, and I just posted my foyer if anyone has any thoughts on that one!

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Duh! Slow, you CAN cut the painting down. You can buy stretcher bars at any art supply store and restretch the canvas yourself. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Although I actually like it hanging behind the bed as if the rocky shoreline is rising from the headboard.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Oops. Sorry about the yellow lamps. ;-)

• jbtanyderi
    7 år siden
    The dinky little lamps on the night stands need to be seriously upsized. Change the big square over the bed with the one beside it. The hodge-lodge of heights needs to be eliminated.
  • RegularClouds
    7 år siden

slowstartr - You WILL post photos of the "after" for us, right? ;-)

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes, will definitely post pics when it's done. The shams came today. Not loving them. They're too gold.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Send the shams back. Go back to the yellow stuff you had before. It looked great.

slowstartr thanked groveraxle
  • RegularClouds
    7 år siden

Just my opinion (and it's all subjective with color) but I think, what with black/gray/white mood in that room, as you have said too....a more lemony yellow would give the pop you need as an accent. Somehow gold or goldish yellow would seem more like trying to introduce an additional color, where the lemony or clean pure yellow (whatever you want to call it) is better for an accent.

slowstartr thanked RegularClouds
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes it looks like an out of place color. Exactly. And I can't return them because it was a final sale. Stupid me. Maybe I can hot glue a black ribbon over the gold. :)

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I'm not good with colors at all. And I can't visualize things unless they're physically staring me in the face.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

The chandelier arrived today in a box with instructions similar to what you see from Ikea. Wish me luck!!

• RegularClouds
    7 år siden

~~(whew)~~ LUCK

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

If you've ever tried to put something together with instructions translated from Mandarin, you'll be grateful for pictures with no words. ;-)

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Painting happens tomorrow :)

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Shelf is down, tv is down.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

I'm eager to see the new paint job.

• Lovely Decor
    7 år siden
    I my opinion your room as a big space but you made it look small and dark with dark walls and that artwork is way to big and it made room feel really small if you can't repaint the walls try white bedding and white ring curtains remove that artwork it just doest belong there. Not to sound mean but the fact that you made bed has wrinkles and its creases are showing it make really bothers me cause i am perfection neat freak.
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Living room :)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

that picture will be spectacular on that wall! So much better and make sure when you hang it you hang it only 5" above a sofa back or a furniture piece beneath it. It is going to look so much more "important" in this space. It was "buried" in the bedroom. Love it when a "plan" comes together!

slowstartr thanked Flo Mangan
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Table lamps arrived today. They are awesome GroverAxle!! We've assembled the Trubridge but are having some electrical issues so haven't been able to hang it yet. Need to settle on art next

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Sorry it's a little dark. We unplugged everything else. Hubby likes this for above the bed.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Love the lamps. I will hold my opinion on Hubby's art choice because I don't have to sleep in there. OK, I won't hold it completely; I think that art changes the vibe of the room from restful to frenzied.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I agree. Too many bright colors. Might be good in the playroom/living room but I'm nit ready to decide anything there yet.

We have that dark nook where the desk is and I've been looking at lighting options. Any idea what might be good? I don't want something hanging from the ceiling. I saw some corner sconces and some can lights. We will have task lighting on the desks. Still trying to find a second desk and figure out a seating option. I want to lose the bookcase thing and get a loveseat.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

Love the lamps.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

So, here's what we have so far. We ordered the 3 prints in this mock-up and then the other pictures are 'real.'

I could use help with the 'office' part of the room. The dark desk is staying. The white desk was in our daughter's room and we just put it here for now to see sizing and basically store it until we get rid of it. Two desks are a necessity and we don't have anywhere else to put them in the house so they need to go here. We've been looking at desks for weeks and can't find anything that we really like. The front runner is the Riley 2-drawer from Grandinroad:

Those things sticking out of the wall above the white desk are brackets for the 2 black floating shelves we had here earlier. We are thinking they'll go back here. The Riley comes in Dove Gray, Poppy, Navy and Snow. If you like it - thoughts on color?

There was another shelf that went above the dark colored desk. It's not super attractive because it has brackets underneath but it served a purpose. I can probably get by without it if I have to.

Another factor - we ordered the Elton settee from West Elm in Stone:

Planning to put it where the white chair is in the pictures. It's also a necessity.

So, I could use help with a desk, how to arrange the shelves, lighting, artwork, etc. The black Ikea shelf thing can stay or go - I don't really care either way.

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

• PRO
    Osman Design
    7 år siden
    Here's our spare room kinda same color bending theses lamps might look good!! With lighter shade
    slowstartr thanked Osman Design
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Those lamps look nice. It might be cool to have one long desk along the back wall. We bought the dark desk from PB years ago and they still have one very much like it.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Either that or have them back-to-back?

• sunnydrew
    7 år siden
    I have really enjoyed this thread so far. Can't wait to see it all done. That Grover is truly amazing....
  • groveraxle
    7 år siden

Art closer together please:

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

One long desk or one that goes around the corner--a unified piece--would look good. How much storage do you need in your desks? Could file cabinets with a counter on top suffice?

Also, where is the TV going?

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

I've always liked Pottery Barn's modular Bedford system. You can configure it a bazillion different ways.

Build Your Own - Bedford Modular Cabinets | Pottery Barn · Mere information
    Comes in black and brown as well, I think.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

That's the desk I have. In the espresso color.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

So what do you think about configuration?

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

That's perfect then. You can just add to what you've got and it will be seamless. How about the exact same pieces you've got plus the corner desktop piece? Or maybe the pedestal on the left end should be the bookcase piece so the file drawers on the current desk will still open.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

It took me a while to figure out what you were saying but I got it and I like it.

• murjan_mohammed
    7 år siden
    White curtains for future change would look nice..also two medium sized lamps on both ends is more elegant..the painting behind the bed is two big 1-2 inches smaller on both ends would be great..add more medium painting on the right wall (above the chair) or u can go with a round shaped mirror or decoration..u have beautiful space and elements..few changes will look woow
  • slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Art is up. Desk arrives tomorrow.

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

• RegularClouds
    7 år siden

You feel better when you walk into that room, I just know it!

• slowstartr
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

• groveraxle
    5 år siden

Love the new bedding! The only thing that disturbs me is that you have repeated one of the prints over the bed. Take the one on the left and rotate it 180° and you'll be golden.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.