dean20weston

Home theaters ?

Dean Weston
7 år siden

It's my dream to someday have my own home theater but I feel as if I can't justify the cost.

(6) kommentarer

• Dean Weston
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I love the idea of an outdoor theater!

• auntthelma
    7 år siden

We have a good TV and surround sound in our TV room. I HATE the theater seat sofas. Not necessary. Go with a beautiful, comfortable sofa and maybe a recliner for himself.

I decorated with black and white artwork and a black and white rug and we have a library/TV Room/Media Room that we love.

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    7 år siden

Here are two beautiful media rooms/theater rooms we did for clients. Perhaps going through some images of them will help you decide.

Desert Mountain Warm Contemporary Theater · Mere information

Mountain Lodge · Mere information

• PRO
    Harmonic Series
    7 år siden

Media rooms are sufficient for most homes, especially if you are able to use invisible speakers so that the room only functions as such when you want it to. The rest of the time it acts as a family room. I had a media room/family room in my own home that felt like a dedicated theater when the shutters were down and the projector descended from the ceiling. There are plenty of options based on your space. Media rooms generally have carry a lower cost because the equipment specified is not as specialized or powerful due to the multi-functionality of the room.

• pwlong
    6 år siden

I'd echo the comments here that a multi-purpose family room, that serves as a mini-theater room, is more cost-effective and just as enjoyable. Like others have said, the theater-specific seating in particular is just not comfortable for other purposes like family gatherings, holidays, Super Bowl parties and so on.

We decided to include a screen and projector in our basement finishing project, but also chose furniture and room decor to reflect that the room was a fun and cozy gathering place, not a dedicated theater room.

Basement Home Theater · Mere information

Basement Home Theater · Mere information

I have no issue with dedicated spaces, but it wasn't something we opted to do.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.