italiangal001

Need help with SPLASHBACK

Italian Girl
7 år siden

Having an all white kitchen with Caesartsone Calacatta benchtop with white poly handleless cabinets...Also having an Island that will be Calacatta too - BUT not sure if I should make my Spashback in white glass or continue the Calacatta there too??

Caesarstone Calacatta is very subtle, so the grey veins are not very dark, so I don't think it will be too much. What U think?

(25) kommentarer

• georgi02
    7 år siden

It'll be lovely. White glass can take on a slightly greenish hue - so be careful when you're buying it that you see samples. Caesarstone as your backsplash could be stunning and keeping your material pallet to a minimum will give more scope to introduce a little bit of colour if you like in the form of teatowels, flowers etc.

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

georgi02...I would not use the white glass with the green tinge..I would use the Starphire glass to get the true white colour...but am thinking of just doing it all in Casearstone now to blend it all...still not sure tho

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

and my island bench will only have 1 waterfall edge, like in this pic....

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

My Sister has frosty carina :)) Very Nice :) Thanks antonia_d....i think i will do the seamless look with the Calacatta ;) instead of the white glass splashback

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

italianga001, be different ;).. Also you don't want the two Caesartsone Calacatta & Frosty Carina competing with each other. Like the above image you posted, have you considered a mirror splashback? Just a thought.

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

No no AJD Interiors,, i was saying that my Sister has frosty carina in her home - not that i was going to use it. I will b using caesarstone calacatta bench tops, island bench and splashback all the same - in my home.

Yes..i have looked at mirror splashbacks..but i really love the idea of an ALL white handlelesss kitchen....mirror would reflect all my mess lol...and i think i just prefer the fresh white crisp look over the mirror

• Gallifrey
    7 år siden

Too much white!!!

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Love white!! Beside...the calacatta has light grey veins, so it's not all white white

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

AJD Interiors...different how???

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Different than your sister, my misunderstanding of what was being said. But if you would like some ideas, just post a couple of photos of the area and its surrounds ( or email them to me if you prefer ) and I'll be happy to give you a couple of suggestions.

Thank you for asking.

• PRO
    Caesarstone Australia
    7 år siden

Hi italiangal001,

Congratulations on the beginning of your new kitchen!

Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo™ 5131 is a stunning choice for your splash!

We have a few blog entries covering Ideas, Tips & Design Ideas for our Supernatural & Supernatural Ultra Range we're veining is concerned...

The Most Important Element of Any Home by Three Birds Renovations

**This blog will answer any questions regarding consistent or continuity in design.

5 Kitchen Design Tips by Three Birds Renovations

**This blog will answer any questions on Continuous Vein Matching - so you can have your vein travel from your benchtops to the splashback seamlessly.

Celebrity Kitchens with Caesarstone by Various Celebrities
    **Take a look at Kerri Hess' kitchen

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Caesarstone Australia

Italian Girl thanked Caesarstone Australia
  • Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Wow..thanks Caesarstone...love the links u sent me..and the Calacatta does look stunning having it as a spashback as well :)

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Caesarstone Australia...1 more question - Do you think Calacatta Nuvo would match up well with the colour Dulux Natural White if I have that for the cabinets??

• PRO
    Anthony Park Design
    7 år siden

Have you considered a mirror splash-back? People that have them say the cleaning was no where as much as they thought it would be and would do it again. Also this can add an extra dimension and if the reflection includes a window on the other side of the room you could create an extra view.

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes, I have considered mirror...but i'm in love with an all white kitchen, so i think i'm going to stick with white splashback...the mirror will only reflect a 6 metre fish tank..that is pretty far away..and all my mess!! No thanks ;)

• PRO
    Anthony Park Design
    7 år siden

Well definitely use the low iron glass as this is the clearest types of glass. Normal glass has a distinctive green hue that actually acts as a green filter that tints any color you spray on the back. That's why white splash-backs comes out with a green hue.

Depending on who you get to do it, they may have clear samples of the glass before being painted. You can then place your color chip behind it as a sample card and see how the glass affects the color.

There are different manufacturers of low iron glass and some are clearer than others. Checking beforehand can basically guarantee that you get the color you saw as a sample.

If you pay extra you can actually get a sample made up to check before placing the order but this would be up to you.

• Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes i know all this..Of course the glass would be toughened especially having the gas cooktop there.. I would use 'Starphire' if i was to get a glass splashback.. no tinge of green whatsoever! but i don't think i want glass..i want to get white stone to match my benchtops as i said in above comments (Caesarstone)

• PRO
    Anthony Park Design
    7 år siden

Sounds great. Would love to see the finished photo.

Italian Girl thanked Anthony Park Design
  • LesleyH
    7 år siden
    Some ideas.
  • LesleyH
    7 år siden
    We have white glass BTW and love it.
  • PRO
    Living Edge Kitchens
    7 år siden

Caesarstone Splash backs are absolutely stunning and with out a doubt this would be my recommendation. It will look fabulous in your modern white kitchen. Regards

Italian Girl thanked Living Edge Kitchens
  • Italian Girl
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Caesartsone Calacatta Nuvo it is :))

• LesleyH
    7 år siden
    Great! Look forward to seeing the final result
  • PRO
    Caesarstone Australia
    7 år siden

Hi italiangal001,

Regarding your question earlier - I believe Calacatta Nuvo & Dulux Natural White would go great together - however it is best you grab a number of different White colour samples, lay them out together with a sample of Calacatta Nuvo, and make your decision from there. As your cabinetry will be taking over majority of the space, some whites are warm, cold, fresh etc. so it is important you get the right one.

Remember it is always best to make your decision under the best light possible.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Caesarstone Australia

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.