sokpeng

need help on roman shade color.

sokpeng
11 år siden
I have 4 windows in my living rooms. 2 of them are on the feature green wall shown in the picture. The other 2 windows are on the adjacent with the fireplace. The wall is off white( ivory). What color should I use for the roman shades on those window.?

(16) kommentarer

• latifeh hammad
    11 år siden
    http://houzz.com/photos/2321737
    Roman shades aren't cheap so this color will work now and when you get board of your apple green paint
  • sokpeng
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Latifeh, is the shade to plain on the ivory wall. I plan to use one of the below. Wonder if it is too messy, too much green? BTW, I made the shades so the cost isn't, too much too bear.
  • pearlmelba
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Hi why not have a plain blind and then a coloured window dressing clever lady making the blinds saves on the cost having said that like the above choices they are nice you could maybe even go with a colour of one of your nice cushions just a thought good luck with it all
  • pearlmelba
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    window dressing only here maybe the colour is close to your cushion colour window dressing is not as modern as your room can we see the rest of your room
  • Carolina
    11 år siden
    I like the flower fabric on the left. And if you have the fabric for the shades, make a couple of pillows for the couch too.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 år siden
    Your apartment is modern and I feel that the panels will be more on keeping with the look. However, I would try to do something like covering the two windows in the designs that sokpeng posted and then find a matching wallpaper and do a feature wallpaper panel in the same design behind the sofa. You would then need to build up more textural qualities: such as silk or satin cushions that have a reflection and movement...
  • Carolina
    11 år siden
    And your art is too soft coloured and to high up the wall. I'd prefer a block of 4 or 6 or 8 or 9 pictures (depending on the size of the pics) on that wall. It would show the green between the pictures and it will be a large enough in total to make a good statement.

Wood Branch Wall Decor · Mere information

Cities Set of Three Prints · Mere information

How much do you love the green? Because I was thinking, on the other wall something like this wallpaper? Or for a more subtle approach the second one:

Eclectic Wallpaper · Mere information

Trellis Wallpaper -Green Double Roll - Ballard Designs · Mere information
  • Carolina
    11 år siden
    And I would throw in some black, dark gray, teal or navy blue to take the edge off it.

Vicksburg · Mere information

Jeffrey Johnson · Mere information

Quirky House Renovation · Mere information

MJ Lanphier · Mere information
  • PRO
    Smilow + Mathiesen
    11 år siden
    This is a perfect example for me of how size of art matters and is crucial--your existing piece is too small in my opinion. If you mirror the size of the space (a little more horizontal than tall but almost a square--width being the width of the sofa or a little bit smaller...height being the same as your existing panels on the sides--you will create a nice look....I would suggest a fun contemporary piece that is less light in weight...Here are some examples of a type of piece--not necessarily in these colors...
  • matinzabetian
    11 år siden
    Henna
  • latifeh hammad
    11 år siden
    Both very beautiful but take a swatch with you before you cut to make sure it's in the same green family as long as you're making them go with what you love and when you get board sew different ones
  • pearlmelba
    11 år siden
    smilow yes the art is a little small the ones you have suggested are fab brings more colour to the room maybe a new center light and a small table with a nice table lamp just a thought
  • PRO
    Blinds.com
    11 år siden
    We agree with carolins, incorporating some black will tone down the bright green. We just rolled out a whole new line of fabrics for our roman shades. The Donetta Licorice would be beautiful in your space: http://blnds.cm/U8JSte
  • User
    11 år siden
    Change your artwork to something with 1 other color. It really needs another color.
  • PRO
    David Tisdale Design
    11 år siden
    I agree with Smilow + Mathiesen, begin with a great piece of art as per the examples shown, larger and with color. Then use a color or colors from the art as detail in the roman shade fabric. The shades should be more neutral to offset the green wall. The throw pillows should also pick up on the colors in the art.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.