jenny2345

Painting kitchen tiles

jenny2345
7 år siden
To paint or not to paint. Does it ever look professional painting over existing kitchen tiles to make them white??

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Milray Park
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Hi Jenny, if you wish to get free advice from a professional interior designer, have a look at Milray Park Online Design Bar.

Our Design Team would be more than happy to help your design dilemna :)

• PRO
    Building and Pest Inspections Albury Wodonga
    7 år siden

Hi Jenny2345,

Our kitchen and ensuite had the wall tiles painted by a previous owner at some stage in its life, they look 'ok' from a distance, but when you're working in the kitchen or using the ensuite you notice the brush marks over the tiled surface. Also the grout was painted too so there's no differentiation between individual tiles and trying to remove the paint from the grout will cause the paint to chip and flake off. Removing old tiles and laying new wall tiles isn't difficult, but requires practice so it doesn't come out looking like a DIY job and grouting can be done pretty by almost anyone. I'd consider a quote from a professional tiler particularly if it's a small area as the cost may not be too great and you won't have to worry that the paint may not stay on the tiles. (The tiles could be sprayed but the cost for a small job is about the same as retiling anyway).

Andrew

• User
    7 år siden

I doubt it's ever going to look 'professional'....but if your tiles are hideous and you don't have the means to deal with a new splashback, it would be a definite improvement. I've seen painted splashbacks, they look good. Certainly easy to clean.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.