pazza_italiana78

Rugs...rugs.... rugs!!

pazza_italiana78
7 år siden
Ordered my red leather couch in my living area. Home is currently being built. Decided on adding a red couch to the mix as it immediately adds a bold decorating palette. In terms of a rug, I'm thinking along the lines of adding a touch of African safAri by going for that zebra pattern in my decor, as I want my room to become a stand out! Will that work? Please help.
Attached, is my floorboard sample, red leather sample, coffee table and tv unit and example of a zebra print rug.

(14) kommentarer

• allanaspree
    7 år siden

An animal print will work very well with a red sofa however you need to be careful or it could be too much. Perhaps a neutral rug & bring in the zebra either in art or through pillows, ottomans etc. Some pics below showing you what I mean plus one with a zebra rug for comparison.

• pazza_italiana78
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you.. I've been searching for neutral however haven't been able to find anything that would suit against my floorboards as shown.
    Also, is it a big no, lighter furniture against a slightly darker floorboards. As per attached, I've gone for this table and white leather chairs, against my floorboards. Initially I preferred a slightly darker table. Please help!
  • pazza_italiana78
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for your advice, yes you're right. hehe
    I'm just hoping I haven't gone the wrong way with my kitchen table against my floorboards as shown
  • allanaspree
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Ask the retailer from whom you bought the table if you can exchange it for a darker one if it turns out that you would prefer a darker colour once you move. If they are OK with this (can't see why not unless you are not moving for 12 months) make sure you get it in writing.

• pazza_italiana78
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I've searched for over a month.
    Either too big, nit good quality or too pricey. I'm moving in next month.
  • PRO
    Milray Park
    7 år siden

Hello, if you wish to get free advice from a professional interior designer, have a look at Milray Park Online Design Bar.

Our Design Team would be more than happy to help you find the perfect rug :)

• LesleyH
    7 år siden
    Oh No! Not M!ilray Park's cut and paste comment again!
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    I like all of them except coffee table, if you are going for tribal look use timber and glass rather then chrome . Have a look at Noguchi table or something like that.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for your opinion. I ended up buying the glass table. I've already got the wooden tv unit and timber kitchen table. I actually wanted to break up the timber so that's why I decided to throw in something different and add something a little more modern.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    I don't know about it , can you change it, you can have modern and different but I think your tv unit is mid century style and table is Well I don't know what style it is than you say you want tribal . As someone suggested earlier , stop shopping before you move in it might be all wrong and your taste and ideas might change by then. Trick in decorating is to be patient and only buy when you are absolutely sure that you can take it back. Ha ha.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Not sure if I can actually change it now. The tv unit and matching kitchen table is a retro
    Scandinavian syle, so from that era. I thought of breaking up the timber as there was to much happening everyone. I've got an open plan living and it's not an overly bug home
  • bigreader
    7 år siden
    You have a mix match (which may be your intention).especially that coffee table. You are buying a lot of items. I'd pause and pay an interior designer to help pull it all together. As long as you've a bathroom and a fridge you can live without the rest for a while.
  • bigreader
    7 år siden
    You need to create a look book here on Houzz and save at least twenty photos you love. Then sit back and review the common themes.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.