nosoccermom

Dekton or Neolith as shower walls

nosoccermom
7 år siden
sidst ændret:7 år siden

I'm fed up with grout lines. So, how realistic is it to find someone who can actually install Dekton or Neolith shower panel walls?

And what shower pan material? There's a local fabricator here who claims they can cover fiberglass pans with Dekton or Neolith.

(16) kommentarer

• roarah
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Look also into florim porcelain very large tiles! Not inexpensive but beautiful...http://www.houzz.com/projects/2282737/florim-porcelain-tiles

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 år siden

It's realistic to get this fabricated and an excellent choice. It's gonna cost ya. Plenty.

nosoccermom thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • nosoccermom
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

That's the issue. It shouldn't cost plenty, hehe. Or rather, it's costing plenty at this point because it's still so uncommon here. So, perhaps wait some time until fabricators have learned how to do it :)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 år siden

It's still a risky material. Any savings from lessons learned are going to go into a fabricator's pocket to reimburse him for the "tuition" he's paid learning to install it properly and profitably.

• nosoccermom
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Right, makes sense. Still, something I will definitely keep in mind. It sounds ideal.

What would be best use as shower pan material?

• PRO
    Mint tile Minneapolis
    7 år siden

you first need a waterproof shower build no different than any other shower. If you want A linear drain and single slab shower floor as pictured above you plan for that...

I would consider using a porcelain marble look panel that can be installed with TCNA and ANSI rated installation methods, this way you are not compromising by following MFG methods mandated by thicker solid surface selections. - best

nosoccermom thanked Mint tile Minneapolis
  • Candace Stevens
    7 år siden

Roarah...How much is florim approximately? I can't find it anywhere.

• nosoccermom
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
  • nosoccermom
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

What about the floor? Are these materials suitable or too slippery?

• kimbydewolf
    6 år siden

so what did you end up with nosoccermom?? Im in the same boat. Wanting less grout in the shower!

nosoccermom thanked kimbydewolf
  • Natasha
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

what brand and style are these images?

nosoccermom thanked Natasha
  • PRO
    Marble and Granite, Inc.
    5 år siden

Check out this beautiful shower in Neolith! A perfect material for shower walls and floors!

This is Neolith Calacatta in 12mm thickness, a perfect choice for shower walls and floors and more as you can see here! contact marbleandgranite.com for more info!

nosoccermom thanked Marble and Granite, Inc.
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 år siden

Dekton is a beautiful material!

nosoccermom thanked Designer Drains
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 år siden

I'd like to see the mounting details on those walls.

• monpal
    5 år siden

I am trying to find mounting details that address the ability to drill and attach glass shower doors, and wonder if tightening the shower door hardware into the Neolith can cause cracking in the Neolith from normal door use.

Does anyone have experience with the new shower trays/bases made by Piatibelli in Neolith colors? They look great - appreciate hearing about any pro's/cons/experience with them. Looking at the diagram of the drain/curvature, I am trying to understand if it is a sealed system/waterproof integrated drain. To minimize the risk of shower pan failure, I am trying to decide between the new Piatibelli / Neolith drain system or an Infinity integrated drain system. Any advice/knowledge on this topic appreciated!

Highlights and Link Below:

The Piattibelli shower tray is produced using the Ultra Slim manufacturing technology, a patented system that is unique to the market where the raw materials are molded to get a product that is only +/- 23 mm thick.

With this cutting-edge technology, Neolith® can be curved to create progressive evacuation slopes designed to fa- cilitate fast water evacuation (pursuant to ITC / UNE-EN 14527:2006 STANDARD + A1:2010 SECT. 5.2 certification).

The combination of this technology and the drainage valve by Viega, which is the market leader with its Tempoplex 80 models, guarantees an evacuation rate of 0.64 l/sec., ma- king it the most effective on the market.

Technology

Betón Shower Try

https://www.neolith.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/catalog-neolith-piattibelli-en.pdf

nosoccermom thanked monpal
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.