christinemay

Accent wall

christinemay
7 år siden
I'm painting my bedroom. The room is approximately 13 x 13. The ceiling slants. One wall (a) is about 18' high, the opposite wall (b) is 8' high. The bed is centered against the wall (c) that angles up to the right. Opposite is a wall (d) with a sliding glass door on the side with the lower ceiling. So, that's where the light comes in.

I want to paint 3 walls a vanilla color, and the remaining wall with an accent color in the blue-green family. My bedding is also in the blue-green family.

Which wall should I paint the accent color? The one to the right of the bed that goes up to 18'? Or the one behind the bed with the slanted ceiling?

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 år siden

prob behind the bed, since that will be the center focus. can you post a pic?

• christinemay
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I'm in the middle of reconstruction after having flooded. So, there's construction debris still hanging around. Not conducive to picture taking!

But thanks for the input.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 år siden

ah, ok. sorry to hear about the flood. I did a black wall behind my bed, the other 3 were a light gray. with your headboard, bedding and other accents, it will play up the color but also tone it down so it's not so 'in your face' if that makes sense

• PRO
    CR Interior Design
    7 år siden

I agree with Beth, the accent wall should be behind the headboard - depending on how much light you get in the room, with rest walls in Vanilla, a darker color will really stand out (but not if it's already lack of natural light) - good luck

• christinemay
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you both. That's the wall I was leaning toward.

It would be visible from the hallway into the room. And the angle of the ceiling would make for a dramatic effect.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.