hmlandry

Indecisive on grout color

hmlandry
7 år siden
Fossil Gray quartz countertops have subtle white and dark gray veining. The subway tile is "architectural gray" which has some warmth to it. Should we go with white grout to keep things looking fresh, and to tie in with the cabinets? Or, should we go with dark gray to tie in with the overall color of the countertops?

(14) kommentarer

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 år siden

do you want more contrast or not? up to you. both are fine. what about middle ground and a light gray?

• M E
    7 år siden

I prefer the gray to the white, but agree with Beth that a lighter gray may be just right...

• User
    7 år siden

Do you like the look of every tile outlined? I agree with above, lighter gray.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

Lighter gray. that will give a bit of contrast, but not too much. I would fear the white would get grungy in time. (Is that a word? Grungy!)

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I would go with the gray color grout. Your eye goes to the white. Is that the main feature of your kitchen? Ask yourself what do you want your company that enters your home and walk into kitchen, what would you want them to look at and comment on it?

Ken

• T. J.
    7 år siden
    dark gray! unless you want the grout to be the star of the show
  • PRO
    Apollo Design Studio
    7 år siden

Agree with all the grey grout recommendations. White grout would draw too much attention to itself.

• daisiesandbutterflies
    7 år siden

I'd choose a gray that matches/blends in with the tile color as much as possible, so that the pattern of the grout does not stand out.

• PRO
    NAK Cabinetry
    7 år siden
    Grey would really complete the look, drawing the attention away from each tile but maintaining the overall colour.
  • PRO
    NAK Cabinetry
    7 år siden

Check out the gray on gray grout we did here! We think you'll love it!

Fieldgate Project · Mere information

• visualizemaven
    7 år siden

plz send a long shot of the the entire scene: floor, counter, back spalsh, cabs.

• PRO
    NAK Cabinetry
    7 år siden

• twentyfifth
    3 år siden

what did you end up deciding? I'm having the same problem and also have chosen architectural gray tiles.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.