djrohrer

Drive way

djrohrer
7 år siden
Beautiful home, beautiful landscapes. Could you be so kind as to tell what is used on driveway? I see this often in European estates and think it's so stunning. I've always wondered what material it was and it's installed. Thank you most kindly.
New home on Greenway in Mountain Brook · Mere information

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Michael Eric Dale
    7 år siden

This is just standard tan pea gravel you can buy in bulk from a stone or landscape supplier, or by the bag at home depot for small projects. The best way to install a driveway like this is a very thin layer of gravel over a substrate of chert or similar subsurface. The substrate keeps the thin layer of gravel from moving about. The worst way is to dump a 4" layer that you can barely drive over and which winds up in the street.

• djrohrer
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank u! I figured it was most likely small pea gravel just wondered how it was applied and what kept it from spilling out. It appears well packed down. I'm guessing a heavy roller may help with this.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.