cathyparis

Can I paint this fireplace ?

cathyparis
7 år siden

Hello,I will soon redecorate my living room.I really do not like the dark wood of this fireplace and was wondering if painting it white would work.The inside will need to be changed as well.Maybe,a new fireplace may be a better option.Any ideas please ?

(5) kommentarer

• Daisy England
    7 år siden
    You've nothing to loose by painting it if you're also going to consider replacing it. Try it in a lighter colour. I've seen some done on here and they've looked good.
  • cathyparis
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you for your reply.I indeed could give it a try and then decide.Thanks.

• PRO
    Deborah Fielding Interior Design
    7 år siden

I would give painting it a try. Remember to tie in the colour of your new decor for the colour you choose for the fireplace.

cathyparis thanked Deborah Fielding Interior Design
  • headers13
    7 år siden

Yes would paint but would also add a hearth. if you change the tiles would be good to get original ones or reproduction.

cathyparis thanked headers13
  • Bow Sward
    7 år siden
    I think the wood is lovely - it looks vintage and very unusual. I would see what difference a hearth and perhaps different tiles make before painting it - the carpet colour doesn't seem to work with it and a hearth might make quite a difference.
    cathyparis thanked Bow Sward
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.