brookeipp

Solution for replacing stone mantle

brookeipp
7 år siden

I would like to replace our stone mantle with a wooden beam mantle. Is there any easy solutions for this? I

(3) kommentarer

• brookeipp
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I would like to replace the supports some how also

• PRO
    Ornametals and Finer Welding, Inc.
    7 år siden

Depends on your budget, but the easiest way would be to mount the Wood mantle to the top of your existing stone mantle. You could also have the bottom of the wood mantle carved out to cover the stone as much or as little as you want. A simple remedy for the supports, would be to Faux finish the supports to look like whatever you want, wood, metal, stainless steel, etc.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Build a box beam mantel that slips right over the stone one. Google it. There are instructions all over the web. Here is one: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/diy-rough-hewn-wood-fireplace-mantel.html

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.