aichoucha

need help decorating this ceiling

aichoucha
11 år siden
Hi, I want to add something really modern to this ceiling. This is a new ceiling but my husband hates it, He wants me to add a new style to it as he thinks it is boring. Any ideas?

(31) kommentarer

• aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I dont want to change it, just add something round or square to it
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 år siden
    Why not add a tray ceiling with lights that reflect in it (either paint the interior gold or silver)
    utopia projects · Mere information
  • Brenda
    11 år siden
    I'm confused by the photo ... is it a hallway? interior I assume?
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Yes it is a hallway, thanks
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I would like to add something that comes out of the wall for example
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    I'm lost and am not understanding at all what he wants. My apologies to you.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 år siden
    Explain further please, Carolyn has many ideas but you are not being clear what you are looking for (or what you do not like)
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Please don t apologize Carolyn, u r being really helpful. i was thinking if sth like this would look good
    Lompier Interior Group · Mere information
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I think the space if too narrow to do something like that, plus if you lowered part of the ceiling, it could interfere with that arched window on the right in your photo which hasn't much space above it. However you might be able to add cove lighting, similar to what is shown below, which would take up less space.
    Hallway with cove light and LED steplights · Mere information

Lincoln Park West Lounge B · Mere information
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    That s really a great idea!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Lighting is always a wonderful way to add interest to a space. Another kind of lighting that will do this is wall lighting in the form of sconces such as you see below.
    Country French Estate: Hall to Stairwell · Mere information
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I was thinking about this kind of lighting, I think they r gorgeous
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I liked a lot the idea of coved lighting. I was drawing some figures , let me know what do you think about adding coved lighting to it
  • PRO
    Aldo Bernardi USA by Ollier Distributors Inc.
    11 år siden
    If you like unique, artisan looking lighting you may enjoy browsing through our website and looking at some of Aldo Bernardi's lights. We have some options that I think would interest you since you're looking for modern, yet classic and unique (from what I gather reading your comments.) Classic style - http://www.carolollier.com/index-39118.html Modern style - http://www.carolollier.com/index-59433.html
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I believe I would choose one look or the other, cove lighting, or sconces. I like the sconces that you drew.
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    these sconces would have also cove lighting; does it look modern?
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    The sconces you drew look modern. Is the house modern?
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    The house has classic exterior look with arched windows but i decided to go for a modern look in the interior of the house
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    That can be a wonderful combination. With such a big project on your hands, it would be good for you to hire a local interior designer to help you.
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I would love to hire an interior designer, but unfortunately we do not have any here in Mauritania. So I am getting a lot of inspiration from Houzz.com, which has helped me really a lot
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I did this too in my house. I got inspired from this website.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    It IS a wonderful website isn't it! And it appears you have made good use of it.
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Yes it is amazing, it helped me a lot decorate my house. Decorating a house is very expensive and I think it needs a lot of research especially when u don t have interior designers in the area
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    hi , i was just thinking if something like this would look good in this hallway. Thanks
  • PRO
    10 år siden
    That's different, exciting, and wonderful! Can you get that done there?
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Yes I can get it done, it looks modern right?
  • PRO
    10 år siden
    Well it looks rather retro modern, and on closer examination I think that the ceiling is somewhat busy with the staggered squares,
  • aichoucha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Do u think it is better to put the squares in a straight line?
  • PRO
    10 år siden
    I would do it as one continuous rectangle down the hall.
  • PRO
    Juvet Artistic Woodwork
    8 år siden

Here is an IN PROGRESS shot of a hallway I designed for a customer. I make the parts and provide plan drawings. We are waiting for pictures with the good camera and photographer

Shabby Chic Depot

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.