emmelinewe

POLL: Favourite garden flower

Emmeline Westin
7 år siden

Before we know it our gardens will start to blossom again, adding some much needed colour to outdoor spaces that might look a bit dull this time of the year.

Which is your favourite garden flower (you can only choose one)?

SGD Awards 2014 · Mere information

Hydrangeas
Geraniums
Jasmine
Sweet peas
Tulips
Roses
Lavender
Other

(20) kommentarer

• Heidi Cullen
    7 år siden

I love snapdragons. They come up every year, tend to change colour from one year to the next and flower all year long. I have them all over the garden in sun and shade, pinks, oranges, yellows and reds. So pretty xx

• patoliver9
    7 år siden

Although I love different flowers at different times of the gardening year, tulips mean the end of winter, greening up of the flower beds and they bring such a variety of shapes and colours to the borders.

• angelboyman
    7 år siden

Roses just remind me of being a kid in the 80's and getting scratched like crazy every time my ball went into the rose beds. We also used to snap off thorns and stick them on our knuckles of forehead. I'd probably do it again if we had some in the garden!

• jenimore
    7 år siden

Snowdrops, daffodils & naricissus; hellebores, heucheras and hostas - the last two for their wonderful foliage.

• M J
    7 år siden

Daffodils - says it's the end of winter. They bring utter joy. They always make me smile.

• highinthealps
    7 år siden
    How about cosmos?
  • vam93
    7 år siden
    fuschias in every colour
  • Sonia
    7 år siden

I chose lavender, but I love all flowers and plants. I've put in a row of lavender this year as I think it looks at its best when mass planted. I've also put in the shrub Deutzia "Strawberry Fields" which has the most stunning pink and white hanging flowers. Saw one in a garden whilst on holiday in Dorset last year and had to have one! It doesn't flower for long but it's a showstopper. So many gorgeous plants I could go on and on!

• moiraford
    7 år siden
    Roses every time for me. Total divas but worth the show!
  • 163 hrd
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Sunflowers for me. They seem to give passers by as much joy as me, and they are great for indoor display.

• debonweb_100
    7 år siden

Dahlias for me ....

• Clare Ainsworth
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I love lavender! This garden below is probably my dream garden. It's by Acres Wild who also designed the garden above!

Edwardian Elegance, Surrey · Mere information

• allthreeofus
    7 år siden

Aliums!

• PRO
    Signature Landscapes
    7 år siden

Snakeshead fritillary

• embzop
    7 år siden

Clematis!

• yuliayou
    7 år siden
    Same as others I love different flowers and plants, but have to mention my irises. I love them for deep purple colour, chocolatey-vanilla fragrance, velvet petals of their enormous heads (bigger than palms of my hands), height and juiciness of their chunky stems and pointy leaves. And they bloom at the end of may - start of June which is a lovely time of the year, already lush and warm and summer is still ahead :)
  • PRO
    Acres Wild
    7 år siden

We love lavender too, especially lining paths and planted en masse. For more summer impact though we prefer Nepeta (Catmint), which although herbaceous, is quick and easy to establish and so gives you a bigger bang for your buck. It also looks super romantic spilling over paths and planted in front of roses.

Edwardian Elegance, Surrey · Mere information

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    7 år siden

We love Hydrangea especially 'AnnaBelle' with the massive creamy white flowerheads, which also turns a stunning Lime Green as maturing. They will give any slightly shady dark garden a lift and suit both traditional and contemporary garden styles.

Country Cottage Style, Hampshire
    Romantic Patio Garden in Clapham, London · Mere information
    Romatic touch in a tiny Clapham Patio Garden, London
    Romantic Patio Garden in Clapham, London · Mere information
    Hydrangea Annabell in its Lime Green glory

• Heidi Cullen
    6 år siden

Loving the aquilegias at the mo. I had a builder in my garden and one of mine got broken under big boots. I picked up the flower and leaf stalks and shoved them in another pot on the slim chance they can be saved. Just gone out 4 days later, and they are all up-facing and looking like they may have taken. Mother nature is magical!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.