dave3844

House Exterior

7 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

We want to change the look of the front of our house and bring it up to date. We have changed the front and garage doors to oak 5 panels, and the window frames will remain white. We want to wood clad the left side of the house and the half roof the dormer windows are on and render the right side, as you look at it. However we are not sure if it will look right cladding the sloped part of the roof. We will also be removing the outer porch door. Any other ideas? We are also looking to redesign the front garden and drive. Thanks Dave H.

(4) kommentarer

• 7 år siden
    Hi Dave,

Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot of great ideas!

Having been through a very similar process recently I would highly recommend you employ a designer to create you some 3D renders, so you can see exactly what the different options would look like!

We bought a very ugly house (due to really wanting to be in a certain location / village) and were desperate to improve the curb appeal but weren't sure what to do for the best and it's such a big and expensive decision!!

I was really surprised by how little it costs (especially in comparison to how much the changes will cost) and for us it was totally invaluable to actually be able to see exactly what the different options would look like in high quality colour images.

We used Gina from Create Perfect (on here) and she helped us decide how to resize a couple of windows and what colour to paint them and how to change our front door!

We're not finished yet (!!!) and have only changed one of the windows so far but already we're delighted with the result and for a few hundred pounds, it has saved a lot of stress and uncertainty! I've attached a few pics of before, the 3D render that helped us decide on size and colour of the new windows and how we look so far with one of them already changed.

Good luck whatever you decide and hope this helps.
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Wood cladding on roofs is not ideal. Cladding on a building is designed to act as a rain screen and it works best on a vertical plane. However, cedar shingles are suitable i.e. wood tiles but not sure if that is the effect you are looking for. See image number 9 in our cladding gallery . The best way to find out is to get someone to do a mock up of what it will look like.

• 7 år siden

I lived in Canada for several years where houses are routinely covered in cladding - wood, aluminium or vinyl. I have never known anyone clad a roof, and there must be a reason, otherwise the canny Canadians would be doing it.

• 7 år siden

We have had a rethink and will now look to reclad the roof in zinc panels, probably colour dipped in a mid grey, then render the front. We are considering two colour render, any comments?

Sponsoreret

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.