Help me decorate this formal dining room

sabrina
7 år siden

working list · Mere information

Hello,

The photos are our formal dining room, the last photo with a painting in it is the entry area . We plan to put that picture on the wall where the picture is against.

We need to buy a sideboard (the width is between 60-72 inches) next to the painted wall (we can repaint the wall to fit the color scheme) and a mirror on top of the sideboard. We'd like to have suggestions on sideboard, mirror, curtain and the wall art on the big wall between the window and the sideboard area. We are thinking of a white sideboard. Our wall is accessible beige.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

(23) kommentarer

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år siden

I think it's more logical to have a mirror at the entrance when you walk in or go out with a small, narrow console.

Then I would mount the art over a sideboard in the dining room with lamps or sconces on either side. The dining table and chairs are not complimented by the flooring, so I would not recommend matching them. Select a painted sideboard cabinets.

sabrina thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • sabrina
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you BeverlyFLADeziner, If white sideboard won't match. What color would match with our floor and our dining table?

• Susan Davis
    7 år siden

I like the ideas suggrsted above and would love to see a bigger brighter chandelier in the room? 36-39 inches above the tabletop.

sabrina thanked Susan Davis
  • CLC
    7 år siden

I would get a rug......it will help soften up and separate the wood floor against the wood table (the tones don't go very well together). It would add a little color, warmth and "homey"-ness to the room, too.

I love the art print

sabrina thanked CLC
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 år siden

I'm just not thinking any mirrored glam style furniture goes with your more casual wood table set..I would stick with simple lines and I think white is a perfect idea for a buffet...I do like the idea of a mirror on the entry wall instead of art with a small slender console under it........can you add a leaf to your table? Put two chairs on the sides and get a couple upholstered end chairs to make it have a more formal feeling you might be trying to achieve!:) agree a rug would be very nice if you can have it large enough...for chairs to move in and out........

so take the width of your table and add 48" that is how wide your rug needs to be and take the length and add 48" to that and that is the length you need...this allows your chairs to move in and out without pulling up the rug.

sabrina thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • sabrina
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you all for your suggestions! They are very helpful! I like the idea of getting a rug under the dinging table, what color and pattern would work for the space? The dining table and chairs are from our old home, it is very sturdy and can open longer when we have more guests.

We have an oversized mirror on the opposite side of the wall where the painting is against (after walking pass the dining room, the mirror is right there on the left). I can take a picture tomorrow. If we add another mirror on the entry way, will it be too many mirrors? So we were thinking of adding a mirror above the buffet in the dining room and it will also brighten the dining room area.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 år siden

Here are a couple rug designs and a mirror idea....

sabrina thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • groveraxle
    7 år siden

Browse through Houzz dining rooms and save the ones you love to a dining room ideabook. That will give you a direction for this room.

sabrina thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år siden

I only posted the white sideboard because the finish coordinated with the white frame on your art. A rustic painted finish sideboard could work.

sabrina thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • sabrina
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you all so much for ideas and photos. It's been a while.... I am just starting decorating the entry way and dining room again. Home Interiors with Ease , I like the color palette combinations you posted, these colors altogether seem to match with my painting. We are still going to put the painting on the entry way. So we will buy a white buffet (I plan to add silver overlays on the buffet door). I am thinking of replacing the entry way rug with a brighter colored one and a console table (the depth has to be 12 inch or less, prefer a simple one, it would be good if we could put a small ottoman under the console table), any suggestions for color and design for the rug and entry table would be greatly appreciated. We are using light blue (not sure it's aqua) as our main house color and tiny coral color in our decorative pillows with some neutral colored sofas against our accessible beige color wall for the whole house. Our furnitures' color are dark wood and white. For the dining room curtain drapes, we need to have 50 by 108 inch length, the 50 inches width seems too narrow. Any suggestions on the curtains' color, design, and width? I am thinking a light blue (aqua) geometric patterns against a true white color curtain for the dining room.... Then what rug should we use for the dining room to match the curtain? A lot of thinking....

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 år siden

Hi Sabrina..so happy to see your back:) give me a day and I will get you info on drapes and other items you mentioned..it is going to be beautiful!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 år siden

For your entry you won't be able to add a ottoman or bench under a table because you only have 12".....almost all are at least 18" so that will not work but a slender sofa table or console I can find...Will you be replacing your chandelier? It will make a big impact in the space without having to spend a lot..let me know so I can be sure to make everything cohesive..

• sabrina
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you Home Interiors with Ease! Our current chandelier is a new one, but if it's not too much of a cost and can transform the space, we will change it. The entry way table would be fine without an ottoman, We also want a light, airy, bright entry way space.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 år siden

Hey Sabrina what is the width of your current chandelier? Is keeping the cost of a new one under $200 reasonable for you? I have 9 options under that amount for you but was unsure about the width compared to what you have..I think you need at least 25" width.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    6 år siden

I would start with a new chandelier, then move on to the sideboard. Definitely a painted finish for the sideboard, there is already a lot of wood tones.

• PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Hi Sabrina,

Here's a few elegant art suggestions that would add texture, color and light to the room (which it really needs). Original art is an investment and a conversation piece. I have a money back guarantee and have won best of HOUZZ the last four years. Please email me directly @ andersonmodernart@gmail.com with questions or for more inspiration !!

Original Painting or Print - Phoenician Resort Scottsdale - Abstract Beach 2 · Mere information

Phoenician Resort Scottsdale · Mere information

Original Painting Contemporary Triptych Artwork XXL Large Scale Wall Art Modern · Mere information

Large Wall Art, Large Metal Wall Art, Customizable by Holly Anderson · Mere information

I honestly have SO many ideas for this space....maybe view some more HERE ?

• PRO
  • PRO
    Quatropi Limited
    6 år siden

Hi there,

Throwing a bit of a spanner in the works compared to what has already been suggested but if you wanted to go for a classy modern feel then take a look at a couple of our options below.

Kind regards,
    Chris Scott.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    6 år siden

A big bold painting brings serious flair, and can instantly change the vibe of any space. Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop -

https://www.houzz.com/pro/poochoudhary/__public

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery

****CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE ****

• sabrina
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you all for your help and suggestions! We will think about that to do next...

• sabrina
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Never noticed chandelier in my house! Now need to educate myself by going to local store to see all the chandelliers

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.