kafftok

Leave or move the rug

Kathy Tokarczyk
7 år siden
I know a rug is supposed to go just under the sofa but mines a curved one and not sure if it will look a bit weird, plus I would have to move the coffee table I guess. Advice please leave it as is or move the rug ...cheers

(15) kommentarer

• bigreader
    7 år siden
    It's a lovely rug but it's too small. A rug three times bigger would give you the look you're after.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    Definitely 3 X bigger rug, at least 2 X 3 m.
  • Kathy Tokarczyk
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks ....it is actually bigger than it looks in the photo but I agree that a bigger one would be better.
  • Kathy Tokarczyk
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Good idea! Layering may well be the answer. The rug wasn't actually bought for the lounge room but I loved the bright colours so much I moved it.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden

Yes, I see you like the colours that's why I thought you better keep it, maybe light grey colour would be better, depending on your wall colour it's a bit unclear in the photo. Cheers.

• Kathy Tokarczyk
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Walls are white with one a pale grey. Only thing is I do nt really want to cover too much of the bamboo flooring. Lol oh dear I'll just have to have a good think about it. Really appreciate your input
  • philippawright
    7 år siden

perhaps you could move the rug into the walkway from the kitchen and place the table at the end of the couch.

You may be better with a round rug to match the curve of the sofa.

• Susan Ballard
    7 år siden
    Love rug but is small Move rug so people sitting on lounge put feet on it Coffee table too small and not workable where placed Work better as side table Unfortunately that lounge is not working for you in that sized space
  • Kathy Tokarczyk
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I hear what you are saying, although the photo does make the coffee table look a lot smaller than it actually is. But I will give it a go and see if it works. Thanks for the input.
  • PRO
    Q Design Services
    7 år siden
    I'm going to throw something completely different into the mix. How about moving the rug to the middle of the space ie so you are able to use it when seated on the lounge suite. Then balance it all by adding some casual chairs ( not matching the lounger but a similar style) where you have the table at the moment in the photos. You could choose a colour from the rug with cushions on the chairs to integrate the whole look. This will not only balance things nicely but create a conversation and lounging 'zone' in the room which will be welcoming and comfortable as well as being functional.
  • pascoeyvonne
    7 år siden

I agree that you need a bigger rug. The rug and coffee table need to be placed within reach when seated on the lounge.

• siriuskey
    7 år siden

Hi Kathy, I can understand not wanting to cover up the lovely new flooring, so can I suggest that you move your rug into the nook of the lounges with the strips running left to right in stead of the other way. Then change the cushion covers, plainer so not to conflict with the rug. Your coffee table used next to the lounge on the right.

• Sally Wyatt
    7 år siden

I think the layered rug solution is a great one and would really help to make a zoned space in your room. Add a couple of colourful upholstered chairs, and viola, great space.

• Gallifrey
    7 år siden

Sorry, but I do not think this rug fits with your decor. The placement is not the issue.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.