edwardhazell

What colour for my porch

Nj06oog
7 år siden
currently renovating a Georgian property. The porch has been rebuilt and had a white undercoat. The windows will all be white, just think the porch looks too stark in white as well. Have to keep the door in oak ( yet to be sanded back) does anybody have any suggestions for the porch colour? Thinking along the lines of grey, but worried this might clash with the brick colour. Thanks in advance for your help.

(43) kommentarer

• Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    The last image is before we started to refurbish.
  • PRO
    Adornas Kitchens & Interiors
    7 år siden

What a stunning facade! Your house is wonderful. Would you consider a Green to tie in with the surrounding gardens? Alternatively a soft taupe? Both would look great with the oak door, and brick.

• Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you very much. Yes a very nice colour. Thanks for the pics, will do some samples and post further pics
  • PRO
    Paintforme
    7 år siden

Hi Nj06oog,

Great property deserves great finish!

Please check bright colours of ash white, cornflower white; or stronger colours of grey velvet, olive stone or ash grape. All from Dulux Trade Weathershield.

For more info on colours visit Paintforme!

Good luck with colours.

Paintforme

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden
    Hi there. I would go for white because it's traditional and suits the lines of the house.. and the windows.
    I would go for either a warmer white like Wimborne White or Clunch.. or indeed go for a grey white which will contact well with the brick work and the sky above.. Strong White or Ammonite would be nice. All F&B. I hope that helps and would love to see what you go for so do upload a finish image.
    It's going to be a fabulous home! :)
  • Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    many thanks all for your suggestions. will post some pictures later
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Maybe this? The house is stunning btw

https://www.littlegreene.com/lead-white

• Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    any thoughts on these colours? all f and b starting from the top moles breath, manor house Gray, lamp room Gray, light Gray and clunch
  • Jo
    7 år siden
    Clunch gets my vote
  • User
    7 år siden
    I like clunch or as Minnie suggests little greens' lead white. It's such a stunning house and porch it would be shame if it didn't stand out from a distance. It's also a shame you can't paint the front door. That would look fab in a dark colour against a white or off white surround.
  • Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks. unfortunately we're not allowed to paint the door as it's part of the listing, otherwise I would do.
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Clunch for me too!

• allthreeofus
    7 år siden

Funny, I like the middle one, Lamp Room Grey, I feel Clunch could look too warm?

• KK1000
    7 år siden
    Charcoal
  • PRO
    Melissa Morton Garden Design
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

What a interesting post about use of colour. And what a stately home! I like the Clunch. It has the right hue content to harmonise with the brick work, mortar and door whilst at the same time provides contrast for the door to feature. For me adding 'colour' to the facade detracts from the door which should stand out especially with the lovely stained glass inserts.

• jenniimatthews
    7 år siden
    Light grey...it blends nicely with the bricks...the portico is stunning, there's no need for it to stand out...
  • ali270
    7 år siden
    Clunch.....definitely
  • Dh2017
    7 år siden

I think Clunch is light and fresh. Blends in nicely with the door.

• Lauren
    7 år siden

Another vote for clunch here - ties in well with the window lintels too. Such a beautiful house!

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden
    Hi. As I suggested at the start.. I would still go for clutch.. it's taken from the lighter spots of the bricks colour so compliments the house and door well. It doesn't take away or draw the eye from the beautiful windows and clean lines in the property! Great job. It's lovely to see the colours there.
  • Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks everyone. clunch it is then. I shall post some pics when we are done
  • Jan Albers
    7 år siden

In historical architectural terms, features with columns like that were meant to be white, to look like Greek temples. I'd leave it white.

• danielsandler
    7 år siden

Hello! Such a beautiful home you have. Do you know what the two columns are made from,please? Perhaps theyre hollow, made from wooden strips thats been plastered? We have similar columns but the paint keeps blistering even though the old paints been removed, then sanded and then plasters been re-applied then its been sanded again then sealed before painting.

• Edward Hazell
    7 år siden

Hello danielsandler the columns are actually solid timber (amazes me how they manged to make these so many years ago). We removed the many layers of paint to reveal the timber. So hopefully the new finish doesn't blister too soon.

• danielsandler
    7 år siden

Thank you Edward

• Joanna Biddolph
    7 år siden

Keep it white! Just choose a warm white - and use the same white for the windows. RAL 9010 is a standard warm white.

• cottageinkintra
    7 år siden

Clunch!! It's a must.....

• Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    it does need another coat
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden

Gorgeous - It's rich and warm. Looks fresh and connects well with the brickwork :) Great!

• Jo
    7 år siden
    Love it!
  • Lauren
    7 år siden
    Looks fantastic to me! Are you happy with how it turned out?
  • Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks Lauren. Yes to be honest it's not the colour we would have chosen, but because everyone recommended it we went ahead with it. It's turned out well.
  • twamleyk
    7 år siden
    Lovely!
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    Looks beautiful!
  • Joanna Biddolph
    7 år siden

Looks great to me. Will you do the windows in the same colour? I think that would look really smart.

• cottageinkintra
    7 år siden
    it looks beautiful and blends so lovingly with the brick work. ...the windows would compliment the door surround and brick work done in the same colour. ....
  • Dh2017
    7 år siden

Beautiful, well done!

• Nj06oog
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    thanks DH2017
  • PRO
    Broadway Bespoke Kitchens
    7 år siden

Good choice. It is easy to get carried away with more daring and fashion lead colours But, Traditional colours on such a beautiful house really was the way to go.

• PRO
    Melissa Morton Garden Design
    7 år siden

Looks fabulous to me. Good choice. Will be enhanced more with some careful planting to soften the architecture...

• ali270
    7 år siden
    Looks smart , classy and in keeping with the period and you like it ! A winner !
  • slimberley
    7 år siden
    Love it. Good choice. Looks so much better than the stark white and grey would have looked a bit wrong in my opinion.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.