nchavda88

Bathroom wall - any advice welcome!!

nchavda88
7 år siden
Hi, I would welcome any suggestions...im stuck. On the wall with the chrome radiator, I am stuck between two design concepts. Hexagonal Half tiling (with half painted wall) or full tileing?? There will also be a 800mm wall hung nebraska oak basin on the white wall and mirrored cabinet above it.

My wife would like a 1.2m mirrored cabinet above and I think it's too much for a small bathroom (she likes the light). I prefer a similar size to the basin 800mm.

(14) kommentarer

• nchavda88
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Any help would be appreciated! I need to make a decision today..!
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden

I would keep to mirrored unit above the basin to the same / as close as possible to the basin unit as it will look a little more uniformed. This is really a personal choice though. As you say, more mirror will bounce more light and create a visually larger space.

I personally love the half tiled (staggered) look with the hexagonal tiles. This is a little more unique and more individual for the space. On another plus point it also looks more contemporary and designers but costs less!

I hope that helps. Thanks, Gina

• Libby Phillipps
    7 år siden

How about a slim but stunning Aster Mirror? It would bring in light from the mirror, but also has LED lights built in so will add artificial light to your bathroom as well.

We'd love to see what you decided to go with, please do let us know :)

• PRO
    Italian Tile & Stone
    7 år siden

As per Create perfect - Half tiling would create a more interesting effect and allow you the option to change the paint colour further down the road. We would recommend to use the hex on the floor also - either the same one as the walls or a darker version of the same tile. Would keep the basin at 800

• Lauren
    7 år siden

I also like half tiling for the same reason as Italian Tile & Stone above - you can change up the look down the road by painting the top half.

• Lauren
    7 år siden

That looks fab!

• PRO
    Bath-Accessories
    7 år siden

This wall looks great! We are waiting for photos when you finish the work! :)

• Joanna Biddolph
    7 år siden

Don't have a mirrored cabinet; just have mirror - the bigger the better. .

• nchavda88
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I agree Joanna entirely. Although, unless we put a mirrored cabinet we will have no space for storage.. :(
  • PRO
    Gary Fullwood Designed Living
    7 år siden

It is probably too late for my comment as I've just seen you posted on Sunday, but for the future there is always an option we called a "Recessed Mirror Cabinet", it's set inside your wall and the mirrored doors go flush with the tiles, its the best of both worlds then, a cabinet for storage, but a sleek and flush mirror finish.

The preparation work goes into the stud wall though so it's a Begining-midway through the project, but just for your future Reference.

See attached picture below, if you need anything in the future give us a shout and we're be more than welcome to accommodate you.

• Joanna Biddolph
    7 år siden

Hi nchavda88. It's hard to tell without a floorplan but what do you plan for above the ledge? Is that where the mirrored cabinet would go? Could you have an interesting cupboard in the corner to the right of the window? Or some cabinets between that corner and the radiator? An expanse of mirror makes the whole thing look bigger and feel more open - as I've found in my tiny bathroom and my tiny shower room. I've got storage underneath, forming a ledge, as part of a run of built-in furniture into which the loo and basin are set. It's very sleek but the tiles I've chosen add pzzazz and the mirrored wall above the ledge allows for a really open feel.

• nchavda88
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Yes, the plan is to have it above the half tile wall. I wanted to keep it down to a minimalist, contemporary look hence the kerfuffle about the cabinet. Your right a wall to wall mirror would look amazing.

Will need to find a cupboard that'll work by the window. But, I am concerned it'll look cluttered. Unfortunately, it's not a bright bathroom! I'll put some more photos up for clarity. Thanks
  • nchavda88
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Half tiled wall will have towel rail and 800 basin wall hung in nebraska oak.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.