sarah_smith9422

Kitchen colour

Sarah Smith
7 år siden

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.. the kitchen is the last room to be done in our renovation project and I've come to a blank as to what colour to go for, it's quite a dark room so not sure whether to embrace the darkness or try to lighten it up! The kitchen we have bought is cream/off white and we have oak wooden work tops.. we have yet to choose floor or wall tiles so any thoughts again would be gladly received... (please excuse the mess we are just about to have the room plastered) xx

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    Italian Tile & Stone
    7 år siden

The general rule of thumb is to go lighter or darker than your units when it comes to tiles. As you have gone for a cream kitchen we would suggest a dark floor. There is a misconception that this will darken the room but the colour of tiles does not lighten or darken a room - the quality does. A good quality black tiles will "bounce" back more light into the room than a poor quality white tile - so go for the best your budget allows.

• Carolina
    7 år siden
    I like the tiles in the hall (?). You could consider having those in the kitchen too. Would be a nice continuation.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I'd use a shiny surface for the wall tiles to bounce light around.
  • amanda_burton62
    7 år siden

I like Carolina's suggestion of continuing the patterned tiles, then perhaps a warm blue on the walls? Or a colour from the yellow palette?

• Maree Dixon
    7 år siden

It is good that you have chosen to go with a kitchen that is cream/off white because this will definitely bring some light into the space and give a 'fresh' look to your kitchen.

Depending on your budget, you could go for a light porcelain tile flooring or a light/medium wooden flooring as this would compliment the worktop well.

You could introduce a glass splashback into the kitchen and simply paint the walls white rather than go for walls tiles, as this would give the space a contemporary look. By doing this, it would also help to bounce light around the room, you could also think about including some down-lights into the ceiling and under any wall cabinets. However, if you would like to go for wall tiles then a light, polished, good quality tile would be our recommendation.

• Sarah Smith
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Many thanks for all your input! We did think about continuing the hallway tiles in to the kitchen but wasn't sure if it would be too busy?? I like the idea of wood flooring but would be worried about washing the floor as we have young children who will be eating in the kitchen! I like the idea of a saffron yellow but not sure if it would go with the cupboards?

• PRO
    JAMEITE Hand-painted Silk Wallpaper Co., LTD
    7 år siden

(We can provide you with high quality silk wallpaper, color and size can be customized. For more information, please visit www.jameite.com)Thanks!!

• PRO
    The Panel Company
    7 år siden

https://www.panelcompany.co.uk/vox-motivo-marletto-4-pack.html

How about this pattern? Wall panelling will help you to mask all uneven walls, cracks etc. The panels are very easy to install.

Would you like to send me some samples please message your address in private message on houzz/

Best of luck - Justyna

• Carolina
    7 år siden

Do you find the floor tiles in the hall too busy? I think it will look great in your kitchen. There's not that much floor between the cabinets, only the dining area will be a larger surface.

Are the current tiles in the eating area (guessing they are original?) not salvageable? Do you know if they go through to the kitchen?

Another good option for you could be a luxury vinyl floor, something like Amtico. They are softer underfoot than tiles and they have loads of wood look floors too. Very suitable for kitchens, no worries about spilling things.

But if you have lots of different floors on one level, it can start to look a bit chopped up.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.