niamh_lordan

Hallway Flooring Decisions

Niamh
7 år siden
Thinking of neutral coloured porcelain tiles for hallway and kitchen come living room. Or would a graphic tile work better in hallway? Not sure if I should paint skirting white! Ideas and options welcome!

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Italian Tile & Stone
    7 år siden

It really is a matter of personal preference. Heavily patterned tiles are probably the most popular for hallways at the moment. The idea being that they create an impact as you walk into a hallway but as it is an area/room you spend very little time in you tend not to tire of them as easily as you might in area where you spend more time such as a kitchen,. If you go for the plainer option it allows you create any impact you wish on the walls safe in the knowledge that paint or paper are more easily changed than tiles.....

• PRO
    Cambium Floors
    7 år siden

If you are not definitely set on stone or ceramic, then you also consider an oak floor to match the impressive oak stairway.

Oak herringbone is very on trend currently and makes an impressive statement in the hallway.

• Danielle Garber
    7 år siden

It looks like you've got oak skirting boards, so I'd leave them bare. If you're tiling throughout then I would keep it all the same, the rooms will flow better.

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden
    I think it really depends on the other spaces you have and style or design throughout.
    Hallways are a great place to create impact. As you don't spend a lot of time on there busy tiles are a great way to do that.
    It's a large entrance so I wouldn't go overboard. Some patterned tiles mixed with plain would work nicely in the space. Again, which ones and colours would depend on the rest of the rooms design and wall colours. This would also effect whether white skirting would work. I would only do this if it's going to work with the rest of the design. White can add a great contrast with tiles floors.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.