sdavieshomesolutions

New Bathroom Project with Waterproof Panels

Considering waterproof wall panels? Then take a look at our latest bathroom project in Rhiwbina, Cardiff.

We think this bathroom project, just finished by our team, is a great showcase of how to use bathroom wall panelling systems as alternative to tiles.
We have used Bushboard’s Nuance wall panel system in Marbled Cappuccino to create a luxurious shower area.

The Nuance panels are fitted without extrusions and are 100% waterproof guaranteed. This means our client will find it hygienic and easy to maintain and they won’t have the issue of cleaning any tile grouting which can often affect the long term appearance of a bathroom.

Aesthetically it means you can achieve a sleek look, which works perfectly in this bathroom.

The bathroom, once tired and lacking practical space, is now contemporary, with plenty of storage and a custom built wall unit in the alcove. We also mixed cool whites with Nola units in Mali Wenge to add warmth and texture to a sleek bathroom, giving the client the look they desired.

Another brief fulfilled, with happy clients enjoying their new bathroom!

More project photos are on our project page.

(15) kommentarer

• Daisy England
    7 år siden
    It's great. I also have Nuance by Bushboard in my shower and was so glad to get rid of the wall tiles that were there before complete with grubby grout lines that I was continually scrubbing.
    The Nuance is so clean and streamlined. I wouldn't use tiles again.
  • PRO
    Shaun Davies Home Solutions Limited
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

The world would be dull if not for variety, but I do agree Daisy, Nuance panels are incredibly practical, hygienic and great looking. No other wall panel comes close in our opinion.

What I would say however is that serious expertise and top notch cutting equipment is very much necessary despite the DIY mentality that this kind of product encourages. Unlike similar products you cant hide bad joins, poor edges with unsightly trims. Or certainly shouldn't be. Very expensive product to get wrong..

As always, be sure to hire a professional with the necessary product expertise.

• S L
    7 år siden

Fantastic job

Shaun Davies Home Solutions Limited thanked S L
  • PRO
    Casa flor
    7 år siden
    I'm considering panels which I haven't looked at before. Do they look good used around the bath (shower over)? Have you used tiles over sink in this project? Where's best to look for inspiration as I've searched photos on House but only shows wooden panelling.
  • Jacky Potts
    7 år siden
    Love both projects. Will def be looking at these when we come to do our bathroom. Can I ask how much they cost in comparison to tiles.
  • Daisy England
    7 år siden
    They're not cheap and come in 3 price groups. They start at around £200 ish per sheet. Some fabulous colours to choose from. Use their BB Complete to glue on and fill in around the edges for a long guarantee.
  • PRO
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Also worth noting that the preparatory work required to enable a first class finish can be extensive. Essentially the walls need to be flat, true & square. This is in fact where most of the work comes in to it. Tilling requires far less prep work ordinarily.

However, it all depends on the finish you hope to achieve and the complexity of the design.

Top Tip! If your installer is able to butt & scribe a joint the full height of these panels you know you have a real professional at hand. This will open up design possibilities without having to use unsightly cover/jointing strips which is the whole idea behind Nuance panels as opposed to similar products from other wall panel manufacturers.

• S L
    7 år siden

Fibo panels have great designs also and no need for jointing strips

• PRO
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I have heard about them, but to be honest Bushboard who make the Nuance panels are a great UK based company to deal with, provide training days and full range of matching worktops etc. And no, I don't have shares :-)

• PRO
    Casa flor
    7 år siden
    After seeing your projects and I also like the idea of a mixture of panels and tiles I decided to look into what's on offer. I was able to order some samples from Decor Cladding centre. I ordered samples of Vox Motivo as these designs have a tile effect. Do you have any experience of these?
  • PRO
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I have seen them but not used them. I've yet to see any tile effect panels that do it for me I'm afraid. I do feel you would benefit from adding different textures into your overall design. i.e. real tiles. Hope this helps..

• lynne temple
    5 år siden

Are these panels suitable to use as counter tops in bathroom with semi recessed basin or would they be to narrow

• PRO
    Seasons in Colour
    5 år siden

Ws not familiar with Nuance so will definitely look them up as looking to re-do 2 bathrooms at ours.

• PRO
    Casa flor
    5 år siden

I also went for bathroom panels, see pictures and post here https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/updated-bathroom-with-waterproof-panels-dsvw-vd~5268971

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.