cmiduffin

plants to screen from neighbouring garden

7 år siden
neighbours have recently replaced an old trellis fence which had ivy growing up to 6 foot with a four footer. Unfortunately now I can see straight into their garden and vice versa. I have 2 acers either side with a small plant next to one of the acers. The area is approximately 12 foot wide.
The second photo shows the view from my patio to the left of the acers. Need something to go there too.
I would really appreciate any ideas what to put there. My dad suggested a couple of laurels but I'm concerned that it would look too heavy. Many thanks .

(7) kommentarer

• 7 år siden

How about extending the bed forwards and going for a Japenese inspired theme. A mix of bamboo, cherry trees and vibernums would work well with your acers, and you could add clump forming bamboo for extra screening.

• 7 år siden
    Thanks jen p. I was looking at bamboo and I love your ideas to mix it up with different height foliage /flowers.
  • 7 år siden
    Thanks Fig Garden Design. What would be the best tree as it's east facing ?
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Tilia (Lime tree), Carpinus (Hornbeam) both work really well as pleached, both are deciduous if you prefer evergreen you could try prunus lusitanica (portuguese Laurel) or Ligustrum (privet).

• 7 år siden

Someone I know had a similar situation and used willow hurdles on his side of the boundary to screen out the view but not all of the light. Could work for you in the time it takes the plants to grow up a bit?

https://www.primrose.co.uk/hazel-hurdles-c-65_1316.html

• 7 år siden

Though judging by the shadows I'm guessing they might have opted for a shorter fence to increase the amount of light their garden gets.

Sponsoreret

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.