simplechoices

Will a stainless steel shower niche rust over time?

simplechoices
7 år siden

Has any one had rusting issues with stainless steel shower niches? Planning to put one adjacent to the shower wall, lower down in the half wall so it is hidden from view when you enter bathroom. Given the placement, it will get wet, probably more than a little. The shower space is narrow, only 30" wide.

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 år siden

Stainless steel doesn't rust.

simplechoices thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • simplechoices
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Is there a brand of stainless steel niche that is better quality than others?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år siden

I actually do not like shower niches I find they hold water and always seem to be dirty with soap scum etc.There are so many options for shelving that IMO look better and make more sense.

simplechoices thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    7 år siden

Here's a cleaning tip for stainless/brushed nickel surfaces: WD-40. It cleans well and keeps water spots from hanging around.

simplechoices thanked Carolina Kitchen & Bath
  • PRO
    SKG Renovations
    7 år siden
    Hi bgs990,

Although I am a bathroom and kitchen remodeling contractor, I was involved in the design and production of The Redblock stainless steel shower niche. I can't speak for other stainless steel shower niche manufactures however, I can tell you that the Redblock niche is made from T304, 18 gauge stainless steel, by a manufacturer that makes kitchen sinks. They use the same steel and the same welding techniques so it is designed for constant water exposure. Check it out if you like.
    https://redblockIndustries.com
    Good luck!
    simplechoices thanked SKG Renovations
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.