andrea_lee828

New porch

Andrea
7 år siden

Advice....my husband and I went back and forth on choosing a composite decking color. I wish I would have stuck with what I wanted but caved into the color he wanted and we went with this grey one. It nicely built but I just feel like it doesn't flow with the house at all. Any suggestions on what I could do to make it not look like a grey hump sticking off the house? I know we need some landscaping but do you think maybe a retaining wall with some greys and tans might make it better? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

(12) kommentarer

• PRO
    Ornametals and Finer Welding, Inc.
    7 år siden

You can paint it any color you want! Apply a quality acrylic latex solid color deck stain recommended for use on composite decking.

Andrea thanked Ornametals and Finer Welding, Inc.
  • CLC
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I would leave it.....I think it will look fine once you get some landscaping in on each side.

i wouldn't bother with retaining walls.....just get some shrubs, bushes, etc going. If you want to pull in some tan, then put a few tan colored pots on each side of the porch, and fill them with colorful flowers.

I know you didn't ask, but to further enchance curb appeal, I would remove the shutters and paint your down spouts the color of your siding.

Andrea thanked CLC
  • Andrea
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Great! Thanks for your advice.

CLC- great advice. We actually just bought some down spouts the color of the house! never thought about removing the shutters will look into that. Thanks

• Andrea
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

If I would paint, any suggestions? Is it something that needs to be kept up on then?

• CLC
    7 år siden

I would first do the other changes you are thinking of doing, and see if the porch color still bothers you. Once you paint anything, it turns into ongoing maintenance, especially something that gets as much wear as your front steps/porch. You paid a premium for a relatively maintenance free composite product; I would give it some time before painting it (to make sure it is really worth doing).

Andrea thanked CLC
  • tatts
    7 år siden

Those shutters are just so, so wrong. And that white doorway is just crying out for some color to tone it down and make it fit the house. The porch is less of a problem that the door and shutters. I don't mind the porch at all (at least from a distance).

Andrea thanked tatts
  • Andrea
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I would definitely paint the front door. I wonder what color would be a good choice? Black?

• Andrea
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you so much Ornamentals and Finer Welding, Inc. Its so much better with a visual!

• PRO
    Ornametals and Finer Welding, Inc.
    7 år siden

You are welcome and not alone! Most would like to "See" what it will look like before they do the work.

• tatts
    7 år siden

No, not black. Of all the colors in the spectrum, why black? I'd do something dark burgundy-ish.

• happyleg
    7 år siden

Agree or hunter green.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.