mbreskova12

Front elevation - Please help us decide

mbreskova12
7 år siden

These are three options we came up with. If you have any other suggestions please let us know.

We are also undecided about what material to use for cladding (stone, composite cladding, we are a bit worried about using real wood as with the damp British climate it may not look nice after a couple of years)

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

(12) kommentarer

• PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    7 år siden

I've just had some composite Cladding samples from a company called Dura, I like the Charcoal and Grey. The Cedar is a bit 'off' for me and the Teak is a ,title too brown. They manufacture a Flush and a Weatherboard range. I saw others at the Home Renovation Show a few weeks ago, I picked up brochures, I'll see if there are any that look interesting .

mbreskova12 thanked SHADES INTERIORS
  • PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    7 år siden

I must admit that timber Cladding in red cedar is still my favourite, but agree with you about it needing too much maintenance in our climate

• PRO
    Gates and Fences UK
    7 år siden

We're a UK company that sells 1000's of gates produced from Western Red Cedar cladding. For us, its a great product and absolutely fine to be outside. We treat ours with Cedar Oil from a company called Treatex. Yes it will need annual coats but is very effective for homes with cladding features on them.

mbreskova12 thanked Gates and Fences UK
  • PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    7 år siden

That's really useful, I'll look into that .

• PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    7 år siden

I have a question about render, is it possible to render on top of an existing textured render?

• PRO
    User
    6 år siden

Yes it is but you must check how well the first render is bonded to its background and it may be necessary to either prime the existing surface, key it with eml or a combination of the two.

• PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Robert Steer & Company , thank so much for that advice. I'm having a new front door fitted and I managed to ask the fitters about the render too, they also suggested K render with 1 inch polystyrene underneath . I'm just waiting for the quotation to come back

• PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    6 år siden

Gates and Fences UK thank you so much for your advice, in the end I've taken it and today I've ordered Red Cedar Cladding and I'm going to treat it with cedar oil as you suggested. I think having to coat it yearly will be well worth the effort to have the beauty of Cedar as opposed to the practicality of UPVC Cladding.

• PRO
    SHADES INTERIORS
    6 år siden

PWJ Architects Ltd I've taken your advice too and Im having a silcon based white render installed as you suggested

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    6 år siden

Option 4 for a less busy look and will look fresh for longer, you can then ad large contemporary planters to soften the front elevation and to bring some colour closer to the house. Greenlinesdesign Gardens & Landscaping

• PRO
    User
    6 år siden

@mbreskova12 which did you choose in the end?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.