loriah

Counter top dilemma

Lori Obrien
7 år siden
I have an all white kitchen in the house that we just bought that has gray and brown and cream swirl type granite countertops. However everything else in my house or warm tones I have like antique gold balls in the great room that open up to the kitchen and all of my furniture is like browns and antique looking gold tones. I feel like the kitchen in the great room or fighting with one another because the color schemes don't go what color countertop could I put in my kitchen that would flow with the great room because they are sort of open to one another. Btw I'm not keeping those blue walls either. I'm changing them to malabar by sherwins. I just need a suggestion on counters ???

(13) kommentarer

• ilesliemy
    7 år siden
    After you change the walls you might see a big difference. I love the kitchen.
  • CLC
    7 år siden

Paint first, before you do anything with the countertops.

• KK Johnson
    7 år siden
    I actually think it's the cabinets not the countertop that are in competition with your living room. The white just doesn't go with the rest of the room, you need darker cabinets so it blends
  • PRO
    Lyons-Archer Kitchen and Interior Design
    7 år siden

What kind of cabinets do you have? Can they be professionally painted, or are they thermofoil?

• Lori Obrien
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    They are thermofoil
  • Lori Obrien
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    They mentioned that the countertops aren't the problem but I just thought bc there is so much grey in them that they were the problem. I don't have any grey in my house .
  • PRO
    Lyons-Archer Kitchen and Interior Design
    7 år siden

Perhaps you can work with the lighting in your kitchen, as thermofoil can't be painted. You may want to consider adding warm lighting, to soften the pure white against your warm decorating style. Hope this helps!

• Lori Obrien
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    And the other thing is that opening in the kitchen is getting opened up and a breakfast nook is going to on the other side ( in the great room) and I am going to have to select a granite or some sort of counter for three. And like I said it's a very warm room.
  • sunlightishere
    7 år siden

Lori I WANT your kitchen!! I just posted a question myself because we have darker cabinets with a cherry stain. I would love a white kitchen! I do actually believe there is a way to paint Thermafoil. You would need a Gripper Primer, paint and sealer. You could trade me your cabinets and I could give you my granite. Here is a pic of my coffee station that shows counters and cabinets. Good luck friend!

• Lori Obrien
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Can thermofoil cabinets be stained?
  • Lori Obrien
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you for offering to trade!! Lol ... I do like the white as well; however, I just don't think they go well at all with the rest of my house. I've always had darker cabinets and thought white would be a breath of fresh air but now I'm not so happy bc to me the rooms are fighting one another. I do though have a a lot of white crown moulding & trim all around my fireplace wall and ceilings. Does that help?
  • CLC
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Maybe take a few more pics of the overall space/room transition?

I think it would help to replace the cabinet hardware to something "less cool" and more traditional.....maybe oil rubbed bronze.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.