lisa_kirk2802

Is the floor easy to clean up messes such as oil or urine if used in a doghouse?

Lisa Kirk
11 år siden
Corvette Garage · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    The Garage Guy
    11 år siden
    Sorry, this product would not be a good fit for that.
  • bre95
    10 år siden
    not a good fit for oil? or the urine?
    Lisa Kirk thanked bre95
  • PRO
    The Garage Guy
    10 år siden
    This floor is great. If you did have an unexpected oil leak, the tile can easily be removed and you can clean up the mess under the tile. We like to use a paint can opener to unsnap tile from the middle of a floor. The tiles we like to use are called "free-flow" by Racedeck. These tiles are like a grid that allow water and dirt to go strait through to the floor. This means your always walking on a clean surface and not tracking anything into the house. The floor maintains a very clean look for months at a time. After the winter sludge gets dragged into your garage, it will start to look dirty. We like to wait for the spring and shop vac the dirt up through the tile and then wet mop. This should take about two hours. Typically (in Cincinnati, Oh), Summer time dirt and dust is virtually unseen and will not require your attention. This is especially true if you choose a Tan or Silver floor. In my opinion, Racedeck, "Free-Flow" tiles are the only flooring product to use if want want to actually make your life a little easier. It rarely needs cleaning and your (attached) house will stay cleaner for it. We have tried other brands and found that the Racedeck floors smooth texture is much easier to clean than some others.
    With all that being said, If you plan to spill oil on a regular basis, this is not the floor for you. A mechanic would be better with a floor coating. BUYER BEWARE on floor coatings. Most coatings will fail, SOON! Expect to pay a professional about $5.50 per square foot for a high quality coating that will stand the test of time. NOT A DIY PROJECT! I've been doing garage makeovers for 13 years and have never seen a DIY floor coating work. We are usually there to cover it with Racedeck or grind it off to re-coat with a professional product. I like to tell people that they are better off doing nothing if they can not justify the cost of a professional floor.
    I hope my rant helps your flooring decisions.
  • Lisa Kirk
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I was mainly wanting to use it inside a doghouse.
  • hitmeup
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I found the floor info helpful. thank you. Does the floor need a drainage system in the garage floor for winter snow mess? And will the floor be slippery when wet?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.