digitaldiva2015

Help with Kitchen Countertops!

digitaldiva2015
7 år siden
I am going crazy trying to decide what type and color of countertops for our new kitchen and need to decide soon! First I thought I wanted quartz because everyone says it's the way to go, then I went back to granite and quartz. Granite has the beautiful flow that I love and it is a natural stone but quartz is modern and fluid in its own right. Here are some slabs I looked at. I will attach pics of Kitchen. I have white cabinets and a light gray island with gray brown tile floors. My walls are worldly gray by SW. I have looked at a couple of options.
1. Quartz all over with a heavy vein throughout but worried about my exciting corners where 2 seams will run plus up and over a kitchen bar area. Looking at MSI calacutta classic.
2. Viscount White Granite on perimeter counters and a light gray quartz on island. The island will not be big due to a black induction cooktop.
3. Turbine Gray from Ceaserstone on perimeter counters and again a neutral color on island.
Thanks for any input! This is a bigger decision to me than the cabinets were and don't want to date myself or get something too busy or not classic enough.

(17) kommentarer

• jdgail
    7 år siden

Consider your back splash when choosing what you put on the perimeter counters. If the counters are busy or dark........... I prefer plain and light on perimeter with fun back splash and any pattern on island.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 år siden

My vote is definitely for that quartz. The other two feel a bit too busy for my taste.

• PRO
    moico inc.
    7 år siden

I love the first 1 - the quartz. It's classic and modern. Light and lifting - think Europe ! I would chose a strong style of handle/knob to balance. The squareness of your cabs are perfect. Maybe look at photos where this type of strong veining is used and see how you feel when you see how it 'seams". If it's going to bug you then I would go with #2 which is more of an allover pattern - this will also show direction change at seams but will be more subtle.

• Carly Schwanz
    7 år siden

Everyone is doing white white white. It's beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I LOVE the fact that granite is natural and has so much beautiful unique veining, color, and movement. And by the sound of it... you like granite, too.

I would go granite, personally. I like the second granite choice more, simply because it looks like there might be a little more of a tan/brown hue to go with the floors. Go with that granite for the island, at least, and do a flat gray quartz for the perimeter (if you even want to use the quartz at all).

I might be biased because I used to sell and fabricate granite, but... oh well! Good luck on your project, looks beautiful so far!

• digitaldiva2015
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you for your suggestions. Definitely won't think of backsplash till I pick counters.
  • digitaldiva2015
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    It is such a hard decision but I really appreciate everyone's input and advice! Can I just wave a magic wand and be done? Lol! Here are better pics of kitchen.
  • Sammy
    7 år siden

I think that Calacatta look-alike quartz looks dated already (and it's not fooling anybody into thinking it's real marble, let's be honest). So, of those three options, I'd do the Viscount White on both the island and perimeter. :)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 år siden

2,1,3. in that order. they are all nice. Super White dolomite would look nice as well

or something on this order too. you have the movement, but it's not tightly-knit movement, more spread out, if that makes sense. I like the granite movement that has patches of solid color as opposed to tightly mottled coloring.

• PRO
    Havens | Luxury Metals
    7 år siden

I'll vote for the granite. A beautiful granite countertop will look exceptional in your home's kitchen. Love the way it's coming along, keep the pics coming!

- Havens Metal

• Ellen Barbarino
    7 år siden
    I just did the Cambria Brittanica quartz on a 12 ft island. And looks beautiful. Seam looks fine. All white cabinets. Navy island.
  • digitaldiva2015
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Beautiful!
  • digitaldiva2015
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I looked at Britannica and their new Annica both are beautiful but sometimes they have little dots on their patterns . The new ones would not be available for a couple of weeks but Cambria is a great line.
  • leelee
    7 år siden

Tah Mahal is my favorite.

• Nicki Roland Ecker
    6 år siden

Ellen, are you able to post another photo of where the seam is? How wide is your island?

We have a 12ft island with that same Brittanica and having major seam issues (today actually!). Would love to see an example of it done well! Thanks!

• remodelingincali
    6 år siden
    what counter tops did you choose?
  • floey
    5 år siden

Digitaldiva2015, what counter did you choose and do you have pictures?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.