jeichmann21

Angled shower bench - yes or no?

jeichmann21
6 år siden
Our contractor is insistent on angling/recessing our shower bench by 2". He says it's a more natural position for our body and that feet feel more comfortable like that versus at a 90 degree angle. I'm skeptical and think the angle will look like he messed up. I sat on my existing bench and realized I basically sit on the very edge of the bench and my feet are definitely at 90 degrees. He really insists this design is the way things are going. Thoughts?

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Open Door Furniture
    6 år siden

Hi There! Is he saying that it is just for comfort or is there also a water run off reason (i.e. so water doesn't pool on the bench)? If there is no structural/integrity reason, I would say go with your gut. As a furniture builder and designer I would want a flat bench in my shower for 2 reasons:

1. A 2 inch drop on the distance of a bench seems steep for me...especially when there is water running on it. Seems like it would be more of a pain to sit on then comfortable

2. For me personally, even if it was slightly more comfortable at an angle, I don't think you are going to use it like a lazyboy. I would want it to look like it was installed right and not risk it looking strange to potential future buyers or to you.

Best of Luck!

Andrew DePalma

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.