quiltergirl_49

Are shaker kitchen cabinets considered modern?

quiltergirl_49
6 år siden
We have Cherry Bordeaux kitchen cabinets and I needed to add a pantry. Unfortunately are cabinets are no longer available so I'm having all the kitchen door and adding a pantry. Question is should I use shaker cabinets for a newer modern loo?

(3) kommentarer

• Sammy
    6 år siden

Do you like your existing cabinets? If so, why don't you just have pantry doors made to match your existing doors?

• Carly Schwanz
    6 år siden

Shaker cabinets are usually more "modern", with most stain options. The other modern cabinets are more flat doors, metal cabinetry, and cabinets with extremely straight lines in neutral colors and whites.

Are your cabinet doors full overlay, half, or inset? IF you are going to change out the doors I would make everything full overlay. That is a modern look, and will make everything look fresh and new.

• PRO
    Open Door Furniture
    6 år siden

Hi There! Disclosure...I'm a furniture designer and builder not an interior designer but thought I would share my thoughts as one opinion to consider. I would say that shaker doors are contemporary...i.e. very in style! However, they have been around for a long time (like 100 years long time) and their elegant simplicity will help them stay relevant for a while. It would be great to see what an interior designer would have to say though.

Another option that would give them a little more classic feel would be to add what is called an ogee like the cabinets in my house. I loved shakers but also loved more of a classic feel so I split the difference and painted them as well so that they felt contemporary.

Hope that opinion is helpful and good luck!

Andrew DePalma

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.