christine1651

WINDOW TREATMENT CHALLENGE

ScotExpat Cali
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

Please help decide how to best treat these awkward windows?

CHALLENGES:

* Narrower picture windows immediately to right and left of TV/fireplace are too close to those features for drapes to draw to those sides.

* Very low budget

Thoughts:

* Ceiling height drapes on the two large windows that would stay open.

* Solar shades on the two narrow picture windows, with fabric covered cornice.

MAIN QUESTION:
* If do the above, should, then, the large draped windows also have solar shades? (That means returning the two small ones from Ikea and custom ordering all somewhere).
* Or, should drapes wrap around largest window to smaller (left of fireplace area) and be one-sided?

NOTES:

* We removed wood blinds and still have them, but hate.

* Want light! Very happy with open windows

* No privacy issues

Thanks very much!!

this was taken before we painted

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 år siden

Townhouse in Santa Monica Beach

• ScotExpat Cali
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

BEVERLY, very nice, but we cannot do shutters or anything like that. The room does not get enough light due to being east facing on the fireplace wall and having north facing patio cover outside windows on other wall :-(

• ScotExpat Cali
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Genevieve I am not sure what you mean?
  • Geneviève
    6 år siden
    the picture idea that I post it seem to be ideal for your windows , I would do this on both sides this way your windows would look the same on both sides
  • Geneviève
    6 år siden
    same on both Windows
  • Geneviève
    6 år siden
    left windows and right windows, all the same
  • PRO
    Window Works Studio, Inc.
    6 år siden

I agree with Genevieve. I would put the drapery on all the windows. The corner windows will have one panel in the corner or 2 back to back. This would be a much more cohesive look than to put different treatments on the narrow windows. If you only need the roller shades on the narrow windows, you don't have to put them on the large windows, but I would definitely put the drapery on all the windows .

• ScotExpat Cali
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks Window Works. I need shades on all but the largest back window -- would it work to only have them on the others?
    And where can I buy ready made voile panels without breaking the bank? Thanks again.
  • PRO
    Window Works Studio, Inc.
    6 år siden

If you are going with a roller shade, they are pretty inconspicuous when they are fully raised, so it may not be so noticeable that the large window doesn't have a shade. The consistency of the panels on all the windows helps with that. Also, you can consider buying a shade for the big window, but order it as short as possible so that you still have the profile of the raised shade in the window, but you wouldn't lower it. This would be cheaper than buying the shade long enough to cover window top to bottom.

Not sure about ready-made panels as we make custom draperies. Others may have ideas for you.....maybe something like Wayfair??

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.