manny_hothi

Rear Extension - wall thickness

Manny Hothi
6 år siden

We're planning a rear extension to our 2 bed victorian terraced house. The problem is the width of our house - it's quite narrow. I am trying to work out the likely internal space to see whether our ideas are viable.
Does anyone have any ideas of we might keep the thickness of external walls to a minimum? it seems as though standard cavity walls come in at around 300mm. We need them to be thinner. Are timber framed/brick skin walls viable? How thick are these walls likely to be?
Any help would be appreciated!

(2) kommentarer

• Kerry Donnelly
    6 år siden
    Brick/ block- facing brick 102.5, cavity 50, insulation 50, block 100, plaster dabs 12.5, plasterboard 12.5...

Timber kit- facing brick 102.5, cavity 50, OSB 9, timber kit 89/140 ( as per engineer) plasterboard 12.5(if you run the insulation/ services between the timber kit, not allowing for service void)..

I only know the Scottish regs( not sure if it's the same in England) , you may need additional plasterboard as per fire regs. But your architect/ technologist will be able to give you a better idea, as will building control/ engineer.
  • PRO
    White Red Architects
    6 år siden

Hi Manny,

The layout and connection between old and new will also be key. Making the right decisions here can stop the space feeling long and thin. On the project below we worked with a long thin flat to keep light and space maximised.

Hackney Extension · Mere information

Happy to discuss further if helpful

Joe

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.