fullrenov

Small window blind for master bedroom - roman or roller

fullrenov
6 år siden

Hi,
We have a very small master bedroom to work with. The bed we have at the moment is very chunky and we are replacing this with a low contemporary bed and low headboard.
We haven't picked the bed yet but I need to install a blind prior and I am stuck between a roman blind or a roller blind.
Any comments would Be appreciated.
Thanks

(8) kommentarer

• User
    6 år siden
    Hi, I have the same set up in the bedroom and opted for a simple blackout roller blind, then framed the bed with full length linen curtains on a pole that can stay open so I don't have to faff about closing them behind the bed. I think it looks really effective.
  • fullrenov
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Hi shjuly71

thanks for this, I don't suppose you have a photo available to give me some ideas.

Thanks rachel

• User
    6 år siden
    Haha, I was hoping you wouldn't ask! Just had to quickly tidy the room before taking a picture! Here it is. In your room I would get a pole long enough to keep the curtains away from the bed.
  • fullrenov
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Hi,

ha sorry, I am a newbie at house renovations and still soaking it all in. Thanks for the photo and yes I agree it does look effective. Is the master bedroom at the front of your house of back ?

Thanks

• PRO
    Hillarys
    6 år siden

Hiya,

As others have suggested, a Roller blind with a blackout fabric would be great. You mention you struggle with space in your bedroom, and Roller blinds are really great at rolling up neatly, letting in as much light as possible during the day.

And of course, you'll be able to pick a colour or pattern that enhances your design scheme, so your blind will become part of the overall look.

A Roman blind is still an option available to you, but be aware if you fit it within the recess it will take up more room than a Roller blind when at the top of the window.

Bedroom blinds and interiors · Mere information

Good luck with your search,

Zoe

fullrenov thanked Hillarys
  • PRO
    The Blind Shop
    6 år siden

Hello, we would also suggest a simple blackout roller blind for your bedroom. When they are open, they let more light in than roman blinds. Our range of blackout roller blinds come in modern neutral colours. Here are a few examples of blackout rollers we've installed to small bedrooms. Good luck!

The Blind Shop | Blackout roller blinds | Made to measure from £71 · Mere information

The Blind Shop | Blackout roller blinds | Made to measure from £71 · Mere information

• PRO
    Design Fix Interiors
    6 år siden

As the room is relatively compact, the bed and the window are the only opportunity to add a little interest in the room. Roller blinds are practical, but on their own most are a little flat and unimaginative in this instance. The suggestion above with the roller blind and dress curtains is a great option as it softens the room and creates a statement. If you want something a bit sleeker then I'm a fan of the roman blind. You could fit a wider roman blind external to the recess and slightly higher so not as to obscure as much light when it's up. A pelmet would finish off the look too.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.