uk1982

Mirrors...yay or nay?

uk1982
6 år siden

Hello everyone. I'm still working on my bedroom. Every other room has come together easily but for some reason I just don't love this bedroom yet! I'm considering some simple mirrors behind the bedside cabinets to reflect light back into the room (ikea Eidsa, plain with a bevel). I've balanced one on a table in the pic so if it attach it to the wall it will be around 6" lower down (as low as I can go without covering a socket). What do you think? Does anyone have any different suggestions about the size or style of mirror? Or is it better without? Thanks in advance!

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Ardloch Interiors
    6 år siden
    I would say not to put them lower if anything. You don't want to that low that you can't see in it as it may look a bit pointless. You also want both mirror and clock to complement each other. I would be tempted to buy longer mirrors and either fix them as just under as the ceiling or the same height as the clock, coming down to just above the bedside table. Hope you get it sorted :)
    uk1982 thanked Ardloch Interiors
  • PRO
    Ardloch Interiors
    6 år siden
    Looking back at your pictures, I'd put the top of the mirrors in line with the top of the clock. It would mimic the headboard then and I think would be less distracting.
    uk1982 thanked Ardloch Interiors
  • uk1982
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I will play about with heights in the morning then. I did actually see some longer ones when I was shopping today so I might go back and look at those. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

• uk1982
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Hello A.S., clock was from The Range, lamps from Wilko (I changed the shades but the new shades are also from Wilko). Hope that helps!

• tezz4
    6 år siden

Because the ceiling slopes a bit on the right side l would place the mirrors a bit lower than the height of the clock but not too much, say in line with the top of the inner circle.

You need to straighten or remove the outermost cushion on the bed as it ruining the bedscape. It is odd.

You could add a foot plaid with a little colour and a rug or something on the walls to tie in the colour. It's looking a lot better but still a bit like a black and white photo. You've done well with the lanterns, now bring on a few more pretty items to share the dressertop - choose different heights textures snd even colours.

uk1982 thanked tezz4
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år siden

I like your idea but if you can not go below , then use taller mirrors.

uk1982 thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.