caro_bauty

Curtain track

Caro Bauty
6 år siden

Hi, I am trying to find a curtain track and fix it in the ceiling but I don't know how works this. Most of the tracks are for the wall. Maybe I don't know how to do the research. Also, I need it double and more than 5m of length.

(3) kommentarer

• Daisy England
    6 år siden
    Is there a reason you want to fit it in the ceiling? Just asking because mine is attached to timbers that have been put onto our bay window ceiling in the lounge as I wanted long curtains and it was the only way to get around the curve of the bay.
  • kikiamack
    6 år siden
    You need to search for "top fix" or "ceiling fix" curtain rails. A brand called Swish does several styles, depending on how discreet or thin you need them to be. Silent gliss is another option. Some rails will have holes in so that you screw the rail directly to the ceiling. Some will have a bracket system that you screw into the ceiling. You will also have the choice between metal and plastic. I would suggest you go to an independent curtain shop and ask for advice for your specific need.
  • PRO
    Aaltonen Interiors
    6 år siden

Hi Caro, you may find it difficult to fix the curtain track into the ceiling (the joints are not always lined up with the window and even if they are, you may not have one exactly in the right place).

If you are looking to get ceiling to floor curtains (which I highly recommend) you can do that by fitting the curtain track into the wall as well. Many wall fitted curtain tracks can be fitted very close to the ceiling, so in practise you don't really see any difference.

Visit a hight street department store that offers curtain track fitting (John Lewis, for example) and they will be able to tell you more about the tracks and fitting options. There is usually no pressure to buy, so you can just go and listen to their advice.

Kati

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.