tulanemom

Caesarstone Montblanc--info PLEASE?!

SRK
6 år siden
Has anyone installed this new-ish Caesarstone design that can (1) post pics? Or can anyone (2) describe the degree of white vs. gray of the background, relative to Caesarstone Statuario Maximus? And (3) describe if the Carrera pattern is natural-looking or scribble-y looking? I was minutes away from selecting Statuario Maximus when I noticed the Montblanc, OY VEY! Down to the wire and need to choose! Online photos are deceiving and can't find a sample. Thanks in advance!

(45) kommentarer

• User
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

All your questions can be answered within personal investigation in conjunction with a real, live fabricator with a ton of experience working with this material- and by viewing the slab, in it's entirety to visualize what it will actually look like in your kitchen.

Each of your samples are beautiful, but you may be making a mistake if you can't view the whole slab- or if your fabricator can't. Each of those are very light and require extreme attention to detail, if the slab has to be cut in any way- matching and seams.

Just remember- as much as everybody sells this as "uniform, man-made"? It has the same quirks that any patterned, light-colored stone does. Doesn't mean it can't affect beauty-5043 is really pretty. BUT:

My sincere advice is not to purchase if you can't see it all (slab), especially with a new-ish pattern that a fabricator may not be familiar with. Houzz is littered with threads about "doesn't match up" "this seam seems totally off"- and the visuals prove the pain. Much harder to fix, after it's been installed.

• SRK
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks for responding Juanita. I have an excellent fabricator who works with Caesarstone often. Most fabricators in my area don't keep the slabs in their stone yards, Caesarstone is typically special order.

I agree with you 100% - I would love to see the slabs first, however, apparently that just isn't a thing with Caesarstone in this area. The slabs are housed in Baltimore and not open to the public. Anyhow, seeing the slabs first is no guarantee the seams will turn out satisfactorily...I certainly won't order without at least seeing a sample. I was just hoping for some info on the degrees of white and gray, relative to Statuario Maximus.
  • champcamp
    6 år siden

I like your description of "scribble-y" looking! I sometimes think that when I see photos of slabs people post on Houzz! Can you contact Caesarstone and at least get a photo of an entire slab and/or a real kitchen install? The marketing photos look really nice, but it is such a small portion shown that it doesn't really help. In my opinion (not a pro) based on the small sample photos above the Montblanc might look more like real marble, but as commented above I would want to see a whole slab.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 år siden

Just like natural stone, there will be no "pattern matching" any seams on that material. Some maybe better than others, but you're going to see seams. If your fabricator has the software, you can see the seams before the slabs are cut.

• ayalarom
    6 år siden

Can anyone post pictures of their Caesarstone Quartz Mont Blanc countertops please!?

• diyrob17
    6 år siden

Will post some photos when mine is done. Counters are in, but doors from Scherrs are out for paint, so the whole kitchen is doorless right now.

The counters are really stunning, and my wife and I are both really really happy with them.

• ayalarom
    6 år siden
    Thanks! Would you mind posting pics of what you already have? I have to choose between noble grey and Mont Blanc by Thursday :)
  • hartntex
    6 år siden

@diyrob17 what color cabinets will you be using with Montblanc? thx

• ayalarom
    6 år siden

I'm getting Caesarstone's Mont Blanc countertops installed on top of Starmark's cabinets in Marshmallow cream. I'll post photos next week!

• diyrob17
    6 år siden

Sorry ayalarom, no photos yet. hartntex: We're using Benjamin Moore Simply White.

Cabinets should be done in the next week or two so I'll have photos soon as well.

• Yosef 0
    6 år siden

Here's a photo of our Montblanc island counter. We're quite happy with it.

• ayalarom
    6 år siden
    Here’s ours. We LOVE it!
  • artsyphartsy_home_maker
    6 år siden

You can order samples online. I just ordered some samples online directly from Ceasarstone of 'Misty Carrara' & 'Pebble' which I'm trying to chose between, I like them both. You can order any sample color you want It's easy & they don't charge much. I think you can order your first two 4"x4" samples for $7 or $5 I forget, & that includes delivery fee. It took a week or two to arrive. They are 4"x4" samples, nice & thick. They arrive well packaged. *note: some of their color samples only come in 10" size which are more expensive to buy, luckily the ones I am interested in were available in the smaller less expensive size 4"x4". www.caesarstoneus.com

• Jennifer
    6 år siden

What do the Montblanc seams look like? Are they very noticeable?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 år siden

I recently remade a seam in Montblanc or a color very similar. I think it looks fine; you're not getting much better than this:

It's got white-ish and movement, making it one of the more difficult colors to seam.

• Paula B-g
    6 år siden

What type of backsplash did you go with?

• ayalarom
    6 år siden

I'm going with AKDO 3x6 essential ceramic subway tile in Storm Gray: http://akdo.com/featured/essentials/essential-ceramic/essential-ceramic-storm-gray/

Once I have a photo of the finished kitchen, I'll post photo.

• ayalarom
    6 år siden
    AKDO essential ceramic in storm gray with Ceasarstone Mont Blanc and Starmark Fairhaven inset cabinet in marshmallow cream
  • Paula B-g
    6 år siden

Beautiful

• guillomofett
    6 år siden

Very nice! thank you for sharing the pictures

• Paula B-g
    6 år siden

ļ

• PRO
    Solace Home Design
    6 år siden

@Paula B-g, Can you also share completed kitchen pictures? I love the two tone cabinets matching with Mount Blanc. TIA.

• Ingrid Wheeler
    6 år siden

I knew when I ordered the Caesarstone Montblanc I was going to have a seam on either side of my sink. I'm the type that gets irritated by some of the smallest things, but I am really happy how nice these new quartz counters look. Considering my old counters were white formica that had very noticeable seams it might be that I'm just accustomed to having a visible seam-line on the counter.

Before: White formica counters, oak and tile

After living with stark white counters for so long I really like how the Montblanc pattern has just enough movement that so far I just don't really notice the seams at all.

It also helps that the seams are located on the back counters next to the sink . They were able to make my large island from a single slab and that's the counter I really seem to notice. I am very happy with how nice they look.

The seams are on either side of the sink at the back of the kitchen which is less noticeable. I'm standing on top of my cooktop island to get these pictures and I can see now that they certainly don't line up. However, from my 5"3" vantage point standing on the floor it really doesn't bother me at all.

7-ft island from a single slab

Hope that helps.

• diyrob17
    6 år siden

Photo of ours

Caesarstone MontBlanc

Cabinets are Benjamin Moore Simply White

Hardware is from CB2

Wall Color is Behr "Sterling"

Backsplash is Daltile Semigloss White Hex 4"

• PRO
    Solace Home Design
    6 år siden

Picture Permission Request! : Dear @ayalarom, @Ingrid Wheeler, @diyrob17 and @Paula B-g, I am planning to write a new article about Mount Blanc and would like use your beautiful kitchen pictures. ( I am Houzz "the inspirer badged " blog writer by the way :) ) . Your permission would be appreciated with many thanks.

• PRO
    Solace Home Design
    6 år siden

Sincerely, Debra Dee from solacehomedesign

• diyrob17
    6 år siden

Fine by me, if you'd like to message me your email I can send you better staged photos instead of that iphone photo

• PRO
    Solace Home Design
    6 år siden

Hello All, I am done writing. Please check the link below, your valuable inserts are very important for me. If you would like to replace/reject your photo you can use my e mail address via Houzz. Thank you again for your generous collaboration. Sincerely, Debra Dee from solacehomedesign http://www.solacehomedesign.com/silver-lace-caesarstone-mountblanc-quartz-kitchen-countertops/

• karlitamusik
    6 år siden

Hi!!! I am in love with the montblanc but I have read some bad reviews about Caesarstone (not sure I trusted the site I read them from) so I want to hear how you guys have liked this countertop...any stains? Any issues? I would truly appreciate the information. Thanks

• John Chandler
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

This is an incredibly valuable discussion. I too am torn between the two CeaserStones. Looking for a showroom that has both samples to see side by side. To anyone familiar with either stone:

- I wish to avoid the lines and spotches being too dark. Am I right that would favor the Statuario over the MonBlanc.. is the MB pic below a good representation)?

- Also want to avoid any creamy white background tone (neither of them seem to be) and rather it would be more more cool white (wondering which one is more so).

• Ingrid Wheeler
    4 år siden

The Montblanc is definitely a cool white. I posted some pics above in an earlier post but I don't think they really who off how great I think this pattern really looks.

I know how hard it can be to decide on counters when there certain patterns are hard to find in large labs to view.

Let me know if there is another view I can post that might be more helpful.

Good luck!

• Joyce
    4 år siden

Thanks to everyone, super helpful! This is most likely what we will go with.

• Joyce
    4 år siden

@Solace Home Design Great article, thank you. Minor point: it's Montblanc (not Mountblanc).

• cathie75
    4 år siden

This has been a fantastic thread to read. I'm in the throes of countertop indecisiveness and will need to make a multi-hour trek to view slabs. There's so much to love about quartz, but there's nothing like the look of real Carrera marble. Montblanc is one of five quartz options that I like and these photos may have helped to seal the deal! Thank you, Ayalarom!

• Rui Ram
    4 år siden

Has anyone used Montblanc with a white subway tile backsplash? pics? would love to see any...

I'm wondering how it might look. The rest of the kitchen plan (so far) is : dark grey floor tiles, Ikea Bodbyn grey cabinets, Light grey wall (BM American white 2112-70), White trim for window and doors frames.

• John Chandler
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

I used a similar quartz called Viaterra Cirrus. To my delight I got the backsplash right.

After looking at a few samples I notices that Julain Tile's Metro White Matte (MW210) https://www.juliantile.com/metro was much better than the others.

The reason to me is that all the others were too brilliant of a white.

The quartz and the cabinets are subtle, elegant and classy looking colors and I found it wasn't good to juxtapose with a backsplash that seemed in contrast to be too blindingly brilliant and harsh and attention grabbing like it was making the backsplash be the key element in the room.

Instead the MW210 is a soft white ( & very slightly off-white) that really worked for me. It takes more of a supportive background role so the eye is drawn to the cabinets and countertops as as the major key elements in the room. I rejected the pure white grout for the same reason (I went with urban putty)

• Rui Ram
    4 år siden

@John Chandler do you happen to have any pics of the final result?

• cguirdham
    3 år siden

Montblanc is definitely grey with blue and black veins- see attached again grey and blue black cupboards. I wanted as close to marble as possible, without the obvious regularity of many quartzes

• Jackie Lennartz
    3 år siden

I love it! Have you been happy with it?

• Jackie Lennartz
    3 år siden

@cguirdham

• cguirdham
    3 år siden

Yes it’s beautiful and hardwearing

• Ingrid Wheeler
    3 år siden

It's been over 2 years and I still LOVE my Caesarstone Montblanc kitchen and bathroom counters. They still look as nice as they did right after they were installed.

• Jackie Lennartz
    3 år siden

Thank you @cguirdham and @Ingrid Wheeler!

• Janice Fortini
    3 år siden

Wow my Mont Blanc looks nothing like the ones you are posting --- I got mine at The YARD in Phoenix AZ.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.