ruth_pignal_jacquard42

Fitted wardrobes with character

We've just moved house and I'm looking to modernise the mirrored sliding wardrobes in our main bedroom. I'm not a massive fan of fitted wardrobes as I think they can lack character, but they are so practical.

For the rest of the room, we'd like a French bedroom type feel, with greys and whites and French style furniture so I'm not sure how to make the whole thing work together.

The ornate bed below shows the kind of overall feel I'm looking to achieve. Any ideas on how to tie it all together? Could grey wardrobes be the way forward for example to avoid too much white furniture? Any thoughts would be gratefully received

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Solid Furniture Design
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

hi Topfivemum Mummy blogger,

Our company specialize in designing and making bespoke kitchens & wardrobes. Our furniture can be made from any possible material, solid wood, veneer, plywood, MDF, HDF or spray painted (high gloss, satin, matt) in over 1500 colours. We also started making high quality replacement kitchen and wardrobes doors in all possible styles.

Please contact us if you are interested in our service.

Your Sincerely,

Patrick,

A&S Kitchen Wardrobe

• PRO
    OnePlan
    6 år siden
    The key piece in this room needs to be that beautiful bed ... so anything else needs to blend into the wall colour I'm my opinion .
  • PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 år siden

Absolutely agree with OnePlan, built in wardrobes are a practical solution that doesn't over power the rest of the room. The style of the wardrobes in the final images looks like a good mid way, providing just enough character to blend with the rest of the room whilst not being too obtrusive and stealing the limelight.

• PRO
    The Dormy House Furniture & Soft Furnishings Ltd
    6 år siden

Our range of New Hampshire modular wardrobes provides a stylish free standing storage solution. Check out our range, for example our New Hampshire 6 way wardrobe. The beauty of our modular range lies in the fact that you can select the modules to suit your space and needs, if you need any further advice on paint colour, design or costing then please send me an email emma@thedormyhouse.com x

• PRO
    Worsley Woodworking
    6 år siden

Why don't you have the fitted wardrobe but just to lift it slightly why don't you go for a shabby chic paint finish. This doesn't need to be severe but might give you just enough character you were looking for...

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.