andyclements15

Can I mix cellular & roller shades

andyclements15
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

I have 3 large (picture like) windows on the front of the house. Have always dealt with wood blinds in other homes. I am putting in cellular shades on front downstairs windows. Am not interested in wood blinds as I feel that they would take away from picture like windows. And roller shades will probably be to flimsy for such large windows. There are 3 windows across the front of the second floor 2 of which are dormer windows that open to the great room so no blinds in those. The 3rd is a bonus room. Can I use a roller shade in this window even tho I'm using cellular below? Also have another 2nd floor window that is prominent as you drive up to the house that I'd like to use a roller shade in (and there is a downstairs window below it that I will use a cellular shade in). Can I mix cellular & roller shades or is to much of a mish mash of things in how the front of the house looks as far as window treatments go?

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Best Buy Blinds, Inc.
    6 år siden

Considering that your house has a different texture on the second floor (as opposed to the brick on the bottom), staying consistent with cellular shades might help tie it together. Although, depending on your color choices, it may not be too noticeable. What's most important is picking the type of window treatment most functional for the room. So, if you're worried about the "mish mash," using a solid color of roller shades is a neutral choice and wouldn't be distracting. It could even help with setting the lovely arched window upstairs you mentioned apart from the others.

• PRO
    DesignUnplugged llc
    6 år siden

Since all options are variations on shades, I vote all should match to improve the exterior cohesiveness. If you are looking at shades for black out purposes, visit your local big box hardware store of choice, they have lots of cellular options to select from including a dual opaque/translucent/vision clear depending on how you maneuver the sliding stack. You want consistent color finish on the exterior, without question. often the cellular can be one finish on the interior and a different color/finish on the window side facing exterior.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    6 år siden

Hey There: First of all - roller shades are a very good way to cover large openings as well as panel blinds. For your convenience you can motorize your blinds and if no power is next to your window you opt for battery operating systems that are remote controlled. Up to 5000 circles on a single battery charge is pretty impressive.

Pleated Blinds for tilt and turn windows · Mere information

Pleated Blinds are great for bottom up and top down operation and are available up to 70 inches in width. Regarding your question to mix and match - you should use the same fabric for roller shade and pleated blinds. This way you get the best of both systems and don't have to compromise.

Roller Shades Made in Germany · Mere information

Good Luck with your project

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.