marina_tak

No place for a big screen TV

Marina Mccarron
6 år siden

Where can a big screen TV be placed with this giant fireplace area?

(22) kommentarer

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    6 år siden

Perhaps right of the fireplace on a corner wall mount? Obviously not to scale..

• Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks for your comment but there won't be room for the couch in front of the tv. I even thought about a ceiling mount off a beam but not sure?

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    6 år siden

I ordered a fabulous ceiling mount, but threading the cords through the ceiling didn't work as I had planned. Do you have electrical already installed? That would look amazing!

Marina Mccarron thanked Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
  • katinparadise
    6 år siden

Is there a blank wall opposite the fireplace?

Marina Mccarron thanked katinparadise
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    6 år siden

It's hard to imagine there's not another room in this house that would be more appropriate for a large screen tv. This is obviously a listing photo so angled to add to the immensity, but I'm just guessing there's a lot more to the house than this great room.

You could always rework the mantle and surround so it is smaller scale and mount above the fire, if a tv in this room is an absolute must.

Marina Mccarron thanked miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have any suggestions for a new fireplace style with mantle?

• felizlady
    6 år siden
    The mantel is so out of scale with the tiny fireplace that I would consider redoing the entire wall, possibly eliminating the faux mantel altogether.
    Marina Mccarron thanked felizlady
  • Susan Davis
    6 år siden

Why not hang it in the fireplace recess above the log storage area.....? You need a low level for nice viewing. And the wires can be run thru the stone.

Family Room · Mere information

Marina Mccarron thanked Susan Davis
  • Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you. I totally agree. Any suggestions for a new fireplace mantel?

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Honestly, I think I would remove the columns, add a low profile timber mantle that echos the beams, remove all the tile that falls outside the new mantle.

Bocage Model House in Terra Bella Village · Mere information

This approximates what I mean although it's different with the windows on each side and no wood box built in. Your mantle could be this approximate colour and shape though, stretching from the left of the wood box to the right of the firebox. Then mount the tv above.

You'll have to repair the wall but hopefully if you like the tile you can work with it; you should be able to remove just the excess above the current mantle.

ETA this is what I would do if I had no option but to put a tv in this room. But as I said before, a different room would be better. Does such a room exist?

Marina Mccarron thanked miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • sharayak
    6 år siden
    Consider putting the tv in the basement or family room. Like someone said before, I'm sure this house has a place for a tv, and this room is not one. But... That mantel is very tall, taller than the door way? It's a little excessive.
  • Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

We have other rooms but my husband would like this great room used as a gathering place and tv room. Thank you.

• acm
    6 år siden

I'd take off the mantel and columns. You could try to run the stone/tile to the ceiling right there, or just leave it ending as it does -- you won't really need a mantel with a huge TV hanging there, so it's not worth the bother of trying to figure out what would go. Taking down what's there will reduce the massive feeling a lot.

Westbourne Grove · Mere information

Marina Mccarron thanked acm
  • Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I was trying to keep costs down & also didn't know what type of fireplace to replace it with. We like contemporary but this house is from 1979 & faux columns are everywhere...doorways. Wasn't sure if we changed it out if it would mismatch the house too much. All the columns should be removed but it's too costly. We have a pink/blue bathroom and padded wall bathroom too...lots of work needed.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 år siden

Why not over the open space to the left of the fireplace , in a perfect world all the over the top trim on the fireplace could be redone to allow for the T.V on that same wall.

• acm
    6 år siden

You'd still have to take off the columns, but you could basically just hang the TV where the firewood box is, down at a good viewing height, and without having to redo the entire wall...

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    6 år siden

Have you thought about using a tv projector?

• Marina Mccarron
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you...I've never considered that but can do some research.

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

I'd get a quote for removing the current mantel and surround. It can't be that expensive. Hell, I'll do the demolition for free and then all you'll need is a drywall guy and some paint. ;-)

Marina Mccarron thanked groveraxle
  • groveraxle
    6 år siden

Is this big enough for Hubby?

• PRO
    Jane Antonacci Interior Design
    6 år siden

Just redo the fireplace. It seems like it is worth it if he wants the TV in this room.

A Hillside Estate · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.